JCSO Transmitter Locations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys I got a new Yagi antenna and I need to point it at the closest transmitter/repeater for JCSO Center Point division. *I think* WQEA798 would be the FCC ID but im not sure if I have the correct one or not??
The closest reference point I can give to my location is Sweeney Hollow Road & 25th Ave NE.

They Clay Palmerdale sight is kind of a "fill-in" sight from what I understand. Try 855.6875, if you have a Yagi I wouldn't think the multicast/simulcast issue would be a problem for you.

I would figure out which one is strongest under normal conditions using an omni-directional antenna. That's the one I would point my yagi towards.

The one that's the closest might not necessarily be the strongest.

Just a bit of a bump here, but did either of you figure out which is the best location to point a yagi towards? I'm just about tired of the poor reception I get in Clay on Jefferson County's system and I'm going to get a yagi of some sort put up in the next week or so.

855.6875Mhz is your best bet, if you have enough signal to get at least 85% decode rate it should work well for you. That being said I use 852.6125 for Trussville PD & JCSO "Patrol-1" because it doesn't seem to have the simulcast issue. I have a second bank for all the other Sheriff's stuff & I use 855.6875 for that.
If you go with the Yagi it's going to be trial and error with aiming it to get the best signal. Good luck.

Thanks for the response. I'm kind of toying with making either a yagi or an 800mhz discone. Either way, I'm just getting tired of getting such poor signal quality in the Clay/Chalkville area.

Status
Not open for further replies.