• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

JEDI speaker mic wiring-?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eaton90

Hi everyone!
I want to know the pinout of a XTS/JEDI speaker mic (NMN6191B) connector and the purpose of all color wires in the speaker mic cord. There are eight of them:
Blue
Orange
Red
Yellow
Green
Black
Purple
Brown.
I'm especially interested in the ones wich run to the speaker and microphone head. If anuone has a printed scheme it would be great. Once I saw such a pic in the sheet which was in the genuine Moto programming cable box, but unfortunately I'v lost it :(
Hope someone can help me.

fineshot1

Here is the schematic diagram but you should note that there is electronics
in the connector on the radio end so it is not straight through wiring.

Attachments

• NMN6191-NMN6193 Wiring.jpg
    NMN6191-NMN6193 Wiring.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 41,136

Eaton90

fineshot1,thank you! That seems to be exactly the thing I was looking for.

It's a little bit off-topic, but please let me ask here: I want to make a little cross-band repeater with my XTS portable. I'm going to connect it via mic cable with the audio outlet of a shortwawe radio. So what if I connect the red and blue wires (which originally let to mic head) directly to the audio-out and enable the VOX feature in my XTS - will it transmit automatically if the signal on the audio out is present?

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

You will, probably, have an impedance mismatch, and could also overdrive the mic input. So be ready to experiment with levels?

Eaton90

Hi All!
I have already tried that. It won't work because:
1. The output of the shortwave is unsequlched, so with the VOX feature on, Motorola will transmit constantly.
2. I took a wire off a simple remote speaker mic and it can't activate VOX like the special VOX-enabled accesories. What in the mic is responsible for enabling VOX?
I herd one can override it by turning the radio on with the PTT button pressed. But as soon as you press it once again the radio returns to the normal operation mode. The guy talked about GP300 and I haven't even tried it. Who knows wether it's true or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.