• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Jeep Grand Cherokee

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveh552

Anyone have any ideas for jeep grand cherokee install for a yaesu 2800? I have looked and looked and looked, all I can do is place it between the seat and console.

af5rn

Squeezed between the seat and console is what I did with scanners in my three Cherokees. Unfortunately the 2800 doesn't have a separatable control head. A separatable head fits in several different locations on the console, and I did that with both Ham and professional transceivers. You can also direct bracket mount a radio on the passenger side of the console, near the dash. You can do the same thing on the driver side, if you're not a hefty boy.

A friend of mine mounted his 2m transceiver to his overhead console. I mounted my radio speakers to the overhead console, and it holds pretty solidly.

rfsparkz

Premium Subscriber
Jeep Cherokee Radio Mount

I have a FT100D which I mounted on the console next to the passengers legs.I use the optional slide mount.You can piggy back a scanner to it like the BCD996T.There still is ample room for the passenger and I control the rig from the microphone.I use a small hand towel to cover the rig from the sun when it is not in use .You can store it under the back bench seat cavity just like the tire jack to prevent theft when you park your vehicle.

Russ

steveh552

Any pics of the setups? I am thinking of mouting it on the passanger side, on the platic that houses the shifter. Right now, between the seat and the console, I am worried it is not getting enough ventalation. Problem, when I go out of town for a 1200 mile trip, I wont be driving my Jeep, damn 18mpg at 4 bucks kills the wallet.

af5rn

Sorry, no pics. I wish I did. But I have learned my lesson from this forum, and I will definitely be photo journaling my new install in a couple of weeks! Prepare to be dazzled! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.