• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Jeep JL mount for SDS100

gatsat

I am looking for a solid mount for an SDS100 in my Jeep JL.

I have an overhead molle mount that spans from the windshield to the roll-bar, directly over the center console. I have DC power and antenna coax cables run to the molle panel that I use for various radios. I would like a mount for this location that holds the SDS100 secure. I am fine of the display faces straight down or if the mount articulates, just so long as the scanner does not pop out of the mount during turbulence.

Thanks in advance!

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Think it may be hard to find something. When I had molle in the JK I used Velcro straps around a small radio so maybe try the same ? That should hold it secure. Mine was 2" velcro that screwed into a small plate behind the molle.

nc6a

Check here;

gatsat

Think it may be hard to find something. When I had molle in the JK I used Velcro straps around a small radio so maybe try the same ? That should hold it secure. Mine was 2" velcro that screwed into a small plate behind the molle.

Was your molle made of fabric or a solid material? Mine is metal, cut in a molle pattern. I should have clarified that in my original post.

gatsat

Check here;

Thanks! The Lido products look very nice.

GlobalNorth

Premium Subscriber
Reconsider metal mounts overhead. I've seen a few fatal accidents and plenty of head trauma accident when the skull gets thrown into unyielding brackets, mounts, and gear. It can also happen off road when traversing rough terrain.

If you go with Lido gear, I personally use it in my JK and recommend them.

gatsat

Reconsider metal mounts overhead. I've seen a few fatal accidents and plenty of head trauma accident when the skull gets thrown into unyielding brackets, mounts, and gear. It can also happen off road when traversing rough terrain.

If you go with Lido gear, I personally use it in my JK and recommend them.

That is some food for thought! Where are your mounts located in your JK? Are they permanent mounts? Thanks

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
Mine was a metal molle panel. Basically aluminum full of 1"x1" holes I guess. Only used it for one handheld. Other radios used the Panavise Dash mount that goes behind radio and magnetic mic to my APX radio HHCH.

gatsat

Mine was a metal molle panel. Basically aluminum full of 1"x1" holes I guess. Only used it for one handheld. Other radios used the Panavise Dash mount that goes behind radio and magnetic mic to my APX radio HHCH.

Panavise makes one to go behind the radio - https://www.panavise.com/pdf_indash/75122-621.pdf

Personally in my JT I used the ball mount on the grab handle from CMM offroad - Gladiator JT Grab Bar Ball Mount

Thanks, this is very helpful!