Jeep Set-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

md_p97

Jeeps are kind of unique in that they don't have a lot of mounting options....especially when running with the soft top....but I came across some "lobster" mounts from a GPS supplier, and things worked out pretty good, but I had to bolt them to the dash. Considering the amount of "jarring" my Jeep goes through, they hold up very well.

Pro 96 on the left (police, fire, federal) and the Pro 97 on the right (comm and military air). One speaker between the two radios and the other speaker mounted on top of the windshield frame. (power speakers only...Jeeps are very noisy)

Used tail light cb mounts for the specrtrum on one side, and a RS mag mount on the other.

Attachments

• Pro96_97c.JPG
    Pro96_97c.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 1,340
  • Pro96_97d.JPG
    Pro96_97d.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,340
  • Pro96_97e.JPG
    Pro96_97e.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 1,332

mancow

Database Admin
Looks good but I would maybe invest in a couple of 90 degree bnc elbows to keep those cables down flat and out of the way.

Smokey

md_p97 said:
Jeeps are kind of unique in that they don't have a lot of mounting options....especially when running with the soft top....but I came across some "lobster" mounts from a GPS supplier, and things worked out pretty good, but I had to bolt them to the dash. Considering the amount of "jarring" my Jeep goes through, they hold up very well.

Pro 96 on the left (police, fire, federal) and the Pro 97 on the right (comm and military air). One speaker between the two radios and the other speaker mounted on top of the windshield frame. (power speakers only...Jeeps are very noisy)

Used tail light cb mounts for the specrtrum on one side, and a RS mag mount on the other.

where did you get your Lobster Mount ?
do you have a link?

rcvmo

Great looking set-up. Unfortunatley here in Michigan, that would be considered obstruction of view. Better to look at something eye-view than take your eyes off the road for a few seconds. Anyone ever think about a Heads up display? I've done a couple firetrucks with MDT display and engine diagnostics a couple years ago. Way too expensive to get off the ground. Not very good if traveling into the bright sun. Perfect at night.
rcvmo

TooLate

Have to agree with the nice HU display BUT...must also agree with the obstructed view concerns. A little box type Whistler Radar Detector nearly cost me my little CJ5 once and I'm well over 6' tall. Be Safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.