Status
Not open for further replies.

holly

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
hi

What a scary thought......hhhheee

Landman

The type if mic that they use sounds like one of those that you commonly hear utilities and public works dispatchers on. One of those mics that sits on a desk instead of a headset or a mic on a long skinny boom or gooseneck type thing commonly found in public safety dispatch centers. Many users of this desk type mic apparently feel that they have to talk in a loud and elevated pitch voice to be heard, as if they were trying to talk to someone across a crowded room. They don't realize how sensitive the microphone is and that they can just talk in a normal voice and still be heard just fine.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Yup the only time you would need to speak up is if your like leaning halfway accross the room to look at teletype or da map to get info... LOL (Been There, Done That) LOL. Well best of luck in getting new info and TG's etc.

butch_l

the sheriff was using a portable radio on the new system today and all repoprts are excellent for parish wide coverage.he was talking to radio techs.

tbrady

Jeff Davis Parish 460MHz Radio System

The radio techs are setting up the new LTR 460MHz radio system :) The signal is very clear here in the town of Iowa in Calcasieu Parish. 460.0375 had JDSO Dispatch 0-03-001 operating.

Landman

Yeah, I made exactly the same observations you did over the last few days. I have been trying to figure out the next couple of LCN's but the traffic on the system is too slow. I only hear the dispatch channel and they only use it every ten to fifteen minutes or so. Is it just me or is this system the opposite of the 800 system where volume is concerned? If the other one was too loud, this one is too low. I have to turn up the volume on my 296 all the way to barely hear what they are saying while I'm going 70 MPH on the highway.
Do either of you guys know the method for figuring out LCN's on an LTR system? If you don't, then let me know and I will email you a Word document with an explanation of a simple method that worked for me.

tbrady

I have a BC-250D and a BC-780 and I programmed the frequencies using "The Rule of Four" method 460.0375 slot 3, 460.1625 slot 7, 460.2375 slot 11, 460.3125 slot 15 and 460.4375 slot 19. I have heard voice traffic on slot 3 and slot 7 today with talkgroup IDs but have not heard anything on the other frequencies yet. The IDs I have so far are 0-03-001 JDSO Dispatch, 0-03-002 unknown, 0-03-004 JDSO Ch.1. and 0-11-066 unknown,any input is greatly appreciated!

Landman

Great! I didn't think of that sequence. I will give it a try. What's cool is that I put both the 800 and 400 systems in one bank and it works just fine because the LCN slots and talkgroups ID's are different for each system. This is one advantage of LTR.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Is the parish still using the 800MHz sysetm. I see that someone pulled it out of the DB here. Did someone jump the gun or is it off the air now?

tbrady

The 800 system is still in operation at this time.I have both systems programmed into one bank with no problems.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Yep both systems are still running.. the 400 being just SO/Law Enforcement at the current time, and the 800 being all other Parish services.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
tbrady said:
The 800 system is still in operation at this time.I have both systems programmed into one bank with no problems.
Thanks for the information. I have retrieved the 800MHz system from the bit-bucket :lol: and marked both it and the UHF so that they can be told apart. Please keep us (the admins) updated on the systems by submitting data on the submit link for the systems.

Again thanks. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.