Jeffco Pursuit Ops???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryfly

Premium Subscriber
Ok, so i was listening to Jeffco LE were a deputy reported shots fired and then saw a green explorer leave the area, when he attempted to stop the car, it took off. So a Code 3 was called and for 30 seconds the officer was updating his postion, when it went dead. There was nothing being said on any of the Jeffco Talkgroups, except Jeffco Nrth for normal traffic.

My question is where did the radio traffic of the pursuit go?

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
Long shot, but do you recall what tower you were on at the time? Could have been a small coverage area one and maybe only one Jeffco unit had affiliated with it, and they then left the area and affiliated with another tower, leaving the small area one deaf to the action?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
The academies also pursuit train on the track above Golden a lot, were they referring to to roads A B C and Streets 1 2 3 with a siren in the back ground?

Jim<

Ryfly

Premium Subscriber
jimmnn said:
The academies also pursuit train on the track above Golden a lot, were they referring to to roads A B C and Streets 1 2 3 with a siren in the back ground?

Jim<

No, this was definitely a real call. Officer heard shots fired out of Holdman Ave i think and saw a green explorer leave at high speeds, which then eluded officers. I was on Riley Peak Tower and the incident was down at Colfax on something, but then everything went deaf. It was when the dispatch called Code 3 off LE dispatch that i was then able to hear The unsuccessful pursuit and on the Nrth Tac channel a man hunt was being set up or something like that. This was around 10PM.

I even got on the scancolorado feed for jeffco and didn't hear anything going on with the pursuit.

rickak

Another guess, maybe the jeffco dispatcher patched that talkgroup to a MAC channel or some other talkgroup you were not scanning for?

Rick

Ryfly

Premium Subscriber
rickak said:
Another guess, maybe the jeffco dispatcher patched that talkgroup to a MAC channel or some other talkgroup you were not scanning for?

Rick

Yeah, thats what i think too. So i guess i'll hope for another pursuit and see if dispatch puts them on any mac channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.