JeffCo Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in Clay,AL and we have reserve deputies. I checked the DB but the only talkgroup I see that is close to me is "Center Point patrol". Is this the tg the reserve deputies use for my area or is there another one they use? Thanks

Also, will a BC250D be able to pick up the Jeffco and Birmingham digital systems. It doesn't pick up 9600bps; will that be an issue? I don't have a digital scanner yet, I'm still looking for the right one at the right price and the BC250D seems to have both.

red8

The BC250D is a digital scanner however the baud on it is 3600. I t will monitor a digital
system that is 3600 baud. the newer ones (i.e. 796d, 396d and the 996 and pro 96 from ratshack) can monitor 9600 baud systems like B'ham and Jef'Co. And their baud rate is 9600
red8

Ok, thats good. I probably won't be using it outside of Birmingham and the BC250D(with the digital card) can be had for a lot less than the newer models.

EMS-1

My only gripes with the 250D I have are: No Battery Pack that uses Regular AA Batteries available and no matter what I try the "Motorboating" sound is still there at beginning or end of P-25 transmissions. But for the price, paid way Less than 500 bucks for it including the card! I will stick with it.

Void where prohibited....Now does that mean its ok to pee in the street?

scanbob

Hi Carl I dont get the motorboat noise in the north end oof the county, but I do get some garrbled transmisions from Bham but the county is clear. go figure. Hey give me a shout sometimes and we will do lunch and talk about stuff that never happened C/U later

EMS-1

Sounds good...BTW they are trying to get up a reunion of old Hank's, A. & A. and Suburban (Mack's ?) lol employees in september ?. I will let u know who to contact. PM me your number or regular e-mail and i'll get back to you.....Carl

Another question,

Will rebanding do anything to these systems or the scanner? Its a pretty newbish question, I know, but I'm still new to this and I want to make sure that the scanner I get will last me a while.

SCPD

QRT
Carl said:
Sounds good...BTW they are trying to get up a reunion of old Hank's, A. & A. and Suburban (Mack's ?) lol employees in september ?. I will let u know who to contact. PM me your number or regular e-mail and i'll get back to you.....Carl
Ok Carl you better let me in on the reunion those were the good ol days

Status
Not open for further replies.