Jeffco SO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davemnn

Premium Subscriber
I have started monitoring the S.O. I live in the area of Wads & Qunicy. Could someone send me what the cars ID are I am listening to L.E. is that the right place for S.O. South.? I know that there other agency on the LE Ch so there ID would be apperiicated. If all this info is somewhere I would appericate that site. You can send the info to me or info at davemnn@yahoo.com. Thx's Folks Dave MNN 005

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
1600 = Edgewater
1700 = Morrison
1800 = Lakeside
1900 = Mountain View

Jim<

Toneslider12

A suburban location near a metropolitan area
Dave,

JeffCo does things a bit differently and the deputies use their personal number while on patrol. There will be no organized letters or numbers to tell you what precinct they're working in. You'll hear numbers typically between 200s-600s but those aren't even based on seniority.

The county is divided into a few districts and prior to a call being aired, dispatch usually announces to the deputies in that precinct that they have a call. You should hear South, South Mountain, North and North Mountain (Sometimes they'll just say mountain with no directional.) All of those get disaptched on LE 1, rarely are the tactical channels used. You're correct that you live in the South area, generally anything south of Alameda is considered the South District, minus the City of Lakewood.

If your radio isn't too busy already, Denver Police District 4 patrols a good portion of that area as well as Lakewood. The corner of Wads & Qunicy is practically covered by 3 fire departments too. West Metro & Denver split coverage there and the neighborhood on the SE corner "Lochmoore" is actually Littleton Fire.

Last edited:

Davemnn

Premium Subscriber
Thx's Eric: Do they use radio ID"s for command purposes such as Vicker units I am guessing they are sgt's ? Thx's for the great info & your time. Dave MNN 5

Status
Not open for further replies.