Jefferson Co. - Fugitive Search

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Frederick Co. VA, Jefferson Co., WVSP and others looking for an escaped prisoner from Northwestern Regional Adult Detention Center. Tracking dogs tracked him north on RT 11 then I think they said RT51 then into Jefferson Co. near Brucetown. I've heard them mention he stole a truck and had a gun. He was apparently en route to Charles Town to kill his girlfriend. This has been going on for a few hours now. I think I heard them say they had a chopper as well.

Update:
The chopper was Trooper 3 from MD State PD. Also, there are reports of a male with a flashlight trying to gain entry to homes on the 4700 block of Hedgesville Rd. in Berkeley Co.

11:48PM - Just heard 2 units on Frederick Co. Sheriff's Office TAC channel that they were heading back.

11:55PM - Apparently there was a Frederick Co. deputy in the chopper with Trooper 3. They saw someone run from a vehicle but due to low fuel, they had to land. They were not able to give a location of the house and described it as a "patch work" house (shack).

20080711MARK-CRAIG-FOR-WEB.jpg

Last edited:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Inmate Escapes From Local Jail
Winchester, VA
Posted: 5:14 PM Jul 11, 2008
Last Updated: 9:33 PM Jul 11, 2008
Reporter: Emily Crider
Email Address: emily@tv3winchester.com

Authorities need your help in finding an inmate who escaped from the Northwestern Regional Adult Detention Center late Friday afternoon.

Mark Henry Craig escaped around 4:00 on Friday.

Craig was incarcerated for felony destruction of property, fraud and unauthorized use of a vehicle.

He was being held as a fugitive of justice for the State of Maryland.

Craig is a 35-year-old white male, with brown hair and blue eyes. He is about 5'10" and weighs about 165 pounds.

Investigators say he has residences in Harpers Ferry and Charlestown (I think they meant Charles Town), West Virginia.

Anyone with knowledge of Craig's whereabouts is asked to notify the Frederick County Sheriff's Office at (540) 662-6162.

Find this article at:
http://www.tv3winchester.com/home/headlines/24536199.html

JESSERABBIT

UPDATE
Mark Craig, who escaped from the Regional Jail in Frederick County VA was apprehended tonight in Jefferson County WV without incident. He is in the West Virginia Regional Jail awaiting extradition to Virginia. He was unarmed and found with a stolen motorcycle. No weapons were found.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE
Mark Craig, who escaped from the Regional Jail in Frederick County VA was apprehended tonight in Jefferson County WV without incident. He is in the West Virginia Regional Jail awaiting extradition to Virginia. He was unarmed and found with a stolen motorcycle. No weapons were found.

do you know what time this happened? Did you hear anything on it? I went back and listened to the audio but didn't hear anything. I could have missed it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.