Jefferson Co. "Pine Bluff" area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pvtqueball

Premium Subscriber
I have noticed there are no online feeds of Jefferson Co. that i have found does anyone know of any or how to become a host to the area I just got me a new Uniden Bearcat bcd99xt digitial scanner still have to figure out how to set it up and get it working! Also wanted to say hello to my fellow Arkansas Peeps!

kma371

QRT
how would i go about doing something like that like hosting a feed

hey bud, check out the link someone provided above. it tells you what to do.

did you get the scanner hooked up yet?

you would be a good feed provider since you plan on leaving the radio at home full time while your at work.

Pvtqueball

Premium Subscriber
well that is a good ? if i can be a feed provider but dont know b/c of my internet service and no I have been busy today so i have not hooked it up but i do have everythign set up and ready to go when i do decide to upload it to my scanner.

kma371

QRT
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Well I would first get your radio up and ready before you start thinking about it then.

aspclay

Feed Provider

well that is a good ? if i can be a feed provider but dont know b/c of my internet service and no I have been busy today so i have not hooked it up but i do have everythign set up and ready to go when i do decide to upload it to my scanner.

It's not real hard (the link explains it all) but basically you need a dedicated scanner, a dedicated computer (24/7) with at least DSL speeds or better, an A/C power supply for the scanner and a cable to go from the "headphone" jack of the scanner to the "microphone" or the "line in" jack of your computer. Then all you do is apply to RR to host a feed, get approval (usually within an hour or so) then download some simple software from RR.com and set up (appx 5 minutes), then it's all about tweaking the volume and bam, that's it! Occasional maintenance, like when windows decides to update and restart itself, you'll have to restart the software or figure how to get the software to reboot too (not too hard).

PLUS, You get a FREE Premium Membership to RadioReference!

Try it, you'll enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies.