Jefferson County 911 (SYS 5705) Pending Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Looks like the application for rebanded freqs has been issued by Jefferson County

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/ApplicationSearch/applFreqSum.jsp?applID=4395418

851.1625 ADD
851.4125 ADD
853.2375 ADD
853.6625 ADD

As suspected they are simply 15 Mhz lower than the original frequencies.

NOTE: This is only an application. The application has not been granted yet. But it wouldn't surprise me if it is granted without any further ado, so some of you more eager scanner buffs might plan on plugging those freqs in as additional freqs if you are not running in CC-only mode. I'll probably stick them all in regardless - that way I'll know when they start using them.

As some of you know, for at least a year they had an additional frequency (not specifically licensed) that was tied into the system and was periodically in use - 853.3125. I don't know if they will remove that or leave it in once rebanding is done.

Mike

dr400

There was also a number of times when data was being transmitted today on TG 1872 which is a training TG. I also heard another TG discussing what sounded like system testing but can't be certain. They kept referring to it being, "in the red...showing blue..."

Haven't seen anything yet on implementation of the Harrison County, or Ohio County (WV) rebanding but there is also a recent FCC license application in Ohio County but the frequencies are those currently licensed. One, I can't remember which, is a current trunk
"YG" group frequency shown as a conventional 800 repeater freqency now.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
dr400 said:
There was also a number of times when data was being transmitted today on TG 1872 which is a training TG. I also heard another TG discussing what sounded like system testing but can't be certain. They kept referring to it being, "in the red...showing blue..."

Haven't seen anything yet on implementation of the Harrison County, or Ohio County (WV) rebanding but there is also a recent FCC license application in Ohio County but the frequencies are those currently licensed. One, I can't remember which, is a current trunk
"YG" group frequency shown as a conventional 800 repeater freqency now.

I hear that testing today as well. But for some reason my lazy ass wouldn't go into the computer room to see what TG was active (i was listening from the website). I should have but didn't. I don't suppose you noted that TG that they were using with the testing, do you?

Mike

dr400

mtindor said:
I hear that testing today as well. But for some reason my lazy ass wouldn't go into the computer room to see what TG was active (i was listening from the website). I should have but didn't. I don't suppose you noted that TG that they were using with the testing, do you?

Mike
No. Don't listen regularly but if I have it on again and hear them, I'll try and get across the room in time to see the TG.

Dale

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
The application has been granted 4/8/2008 - The Jefferson County license is now a YE license.

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/ApplicationSearch/applMain.jsp?applID=4401771

New Freqs (not in service yet - will eventually replace the four old freqs that are 15 mhz higher):

851.1625 ADD
851.4125 ADD
853.2375 ADD
853.6625 ADD

Again, the question remains as to whether the existing 853.3125 freq that is in use will continue to be in use after rebanding. In fact, I haven't monitored it recently and am not sure if it is even in use now.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.