Jefferson County 911 System Unknown Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I've been running Unitrunker on the Jefferson Co 911 control channels more frequently now. There are some talkgroups on the system that are not documented in the RRDB since it is unknown what they are for.

You can find more info about it at http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Jefferson_County,_Ohio - Just look at the section titled Unknown Radio IDs and/or Talk Groups.

In that chart you'll see one or more radio IDs that were seen using that talkgroup, the unknown talkgroup, other unknown talkgroups that radio ID might have used/affiliated with, other _known_ talkgroups that the same radio has used or affiliates with.

You can possibly venture a guess as to whether an unknown talkgroup is police, fire, EMS, other based upon what radio ID was on that talkgroup and what other talkgroups that radio ID had used.

So for those of you who run closed mode, you might want to add these talkgroups just in case. They have been seldom used or not used at all in the past two weeks... but they do exist.

Mike

rcool101

Feed Provider
Tgs

Mike, I had 3 of these programed for over a year and a half......8080,6896,7024........The other 4 I didn't have. I hardly ever hear anything on these. I thought they had to do with status bits. I have a total of 17 unidentified from logging with ARC 246. The other ones I have are
See if you catch anything on these

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I run open mode - so if anything were to come on those, I'd hear them. i had heard 8080 long ago but not recently. I dont' always pay attention to what I"m listening to and don't always run Unitrunker, so I don't know if I ever heard anything on that one or not.

I know that the ones I listed actually are programmed in some of the radios because when those radios join the system they affiliate with those talkgroups among others.

Remember, thekelleys posted recently that there would be three new talkgroups that presumably would be tied in with MARCS for divisions 1 through 3 - so be looking for those once the changeover occurs, or perhaps before.

Since Obama will be in town, look for the possibility of one or more talkgroups being active that aren't normally active.

There was a lot of activity on EVENTS 2 today with wells twp, JCSO, and some others.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.