Jefferson County E-911?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was browsing on AL.com and saw where the satellite courthouse in Center Point is going to be reopened and part of it is going to be used as a consolidated 911 center. I know most of the departments listed on their site are currently on VHF frequencies. It's kind of early on, but does anyone have any idea what sort of system they're going to use for this? I can't imagine them staying the same as they are now since all of the departments that will make up the consolidated 911 center are currently on separate frequencies. Will it be TRBO, the county's P25 system, some kind of VHF or UHF system, or something else?

You can see their website here:
About Us | Jefferson County, Alabama 911
And this is the AL.com article:
Jefferson County Commission votes to reopen Center Point satellite courthouse | al.com

puzzleriddle

I was browsing on AL.com and saw where the satellite courthouse in Center Point is going to be reopened and part of it is going to be used as a consolidated 911 center. I know most of the departments listed on their site are currently on VHF frequencies. It's kind of early on, but does anyone have any idea what sort of system they're going to use for this? I can't imagine them staying the same as they are now since all of the departments that will make up the consolidated 911 center are currently on separate frequencies. Will it be TRBO, the county's P25 system, some kind of VHF or UHF system, or something else?

You can see their website here:
About Us | Jefferson County, Alabama 911
And this is the AL.com article:
Jefferson County Commission votes to reopen Center Point satellite courthouse | al.com

Bob check the RR DB I would say most Of the towns & LE & FIRE have a a prescence on The Bham TRS. already May be seeing more "new Tg's soon who knows:) Thanks for the link.

Last edited:
I just went and looked at the database. It seems that it's been updated recently because there are a lot of departments on there now that I didn't think were on there before. There's also a few TG's that correspond to "County Fire Tac".

So I guess we know what system they'll be going to. Wonder how long it will take them to make the switch?

medic9351301

Banned
well aint that a kick in the o'pants lol
so i wonder how this is going to work
are they going to hire dispatchers like other 911 centers do.
also are they going to be dispatching out of there for ems and how are they going to do it
when i was in the county radio room i know we transferd calls to the agencies

i know walker county 911 dispatches fire/ems but no law enforcement
shelby county does it all
makes me wonder about per say hot law calls, i took several hot calls and all i had to do was look over at the assigned dispatchers for what areas and verbally tell the to start units over there by the time i hung up with the callers they were less than 5 from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.