Jefferson County Fire Departments

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyB

A while back there was a discussion on making the database include departments that weren't otherwise listed because they were buried in (example Columbine Valley PD is dispatched by Arapahoe County).

Jefferson County Fire Departments in the database are a mish-mash of conventional, DTRS. The DTRS lists Jeffco NE, Jeffco NW, etc. Fairmount is listed as conventional, DTRS, and Lakewood Patch. What I'd propose is to list all of the Fire Departments and have people comment on where they're heard (maybe they have conventional dispatch and DTRS FG, vice versa or whatever. And weren't there some departments that were on DTRS and then went back to conventional (maybe Inter-Canyon?)

Elk Creek - conventional
Evergreen - conventional
North Fork - conventional
InterCanyon - hear on conventional, are they also on DTRS?
Indian Hills - ?
Foothills - ?
Coal Creek - ?
Highland Rescue - ?
Golden Gate - ?
Genesee - ?
Fairmount - ?
Edgewater - on DTRS, do they use Jeffco NE?

tbiggums

Fairmount is on DTRS 1509, but they still simulcast on 154.725 and Lakewood TG 822.

I'm pretty sure Coal Creek is still dispatched by Boulder County on RED-1 151.355, but quite a bit of their fireground traffic is on their DTRS TG 1501.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
A while back there was a discussion on making the database include departments that weren't otherwise listed because they were buried in (example Columbine Valley PD is dispatched by Arapahoe County).

Elk Creek - conventional; yes 155.220
Evergreen - conventional; yes 453.950 and West Metro online feed also
North Fork - conventional; yes
InterCanyon - hear on conventional, are they also on DTRS? Both narrowband VHF and DTRS
Indian Hills - same as Intercanyon
Foothills - DTRS
Coal Creek - Red 1 and DTRS
Highland Rescue - DTRS (same as Foothills/Genesse FD)
Golden Gate - VHF and DTRS
Genesee - DTRS
Fairmount - DTRS and VHF Patch and WM EDACS
Edgewater - on DTRS, do they use Jeffco NE? Yes Jeffco NE DTRS

Jim<

MikeyB

Elk Creek - conventional; yes 155.220
Evergreen - conventional; yes 453.950 and West Metro online feed also
North Fork - conventional; yes
InterCanyon - hear on conventional, are they also on DTRS? Both narrowband VHF and DTRS
Indian Hills - same as Intercanyon
Foothills - DTRS
Coal Creek - Red 1 and DTRS
Highland Rescue - DTRS (same as Foothills/Genesse FD)
Golden Gate - VHF and DTRS
Genesee - DTRS
Fairmount - DTRS and VHF Patch and WM EDACS
Edgewater - on DTRS, do they use Jeffco NE? Yes Jeffco NE DTRS

Jim<

For those on DTRS - Foothills, Intercanyon, etc., which TG do they use?

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
For those on DTRS - Foothills, Intercanyon, etc., which TG do they use?

1479 Jeffco Fire NE
1481 Jeffco Fire NW
1483 Jeffco Fire SE
1485 Jeffco Fire SW
1487 Jeffco Fire Tac NE
1489 Jeffco Fire Tac NW
1491 Jeffco Fire Tac SE
1493 Jeffco Fire Tac SW

I usually hear Foothills/Genesse dispatched on 1481 and use 1489 as FG.

Intercanyon and Indian Hills mainly VHF only.

Jim<

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
Mikey makes a good point. Some of us just "know" where these small depts are dispatched, etc. (and I certainly appreciate the amount of time you guys put into the hobby to gain that much knowledge!), but the database should reflect as much as is known.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Hey guys, there is a spot in the Wiki just for Colorado and ANYONE can create a new article with this info. The old way of the Admin manually entering info into the DB is no longer. All extra data should be in the Wiki.

Colorado(US) - The RadioReference Wiki

MikeyB

Hey guys, there is a spot in the Wiki just for Colorado and ANYONE can create a new article with this info. The old way of the Admin manually entering info into the DB is no longer. All extra data should be in the Wiki.

Colorado(US) - The RadioReference Wiki

I'm confused what you're talking about 'manually entering info'? Is there any other way? Anyways it seems like the db should reflect what the channel is used for. If Edgewater is on Jeffco NE I think it makes sense that the db says Jeffco NE (Edgewater, etc) so that people would find it. We're not talking about unit numbers or codes or anything, just what frequency the department is found on, which I thought was the purpose of the database in the first place (not extra data but core data)?

Status
Not open for further replies.