Jefferson County Law Enforcement now encrypted

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
This morning about 630am JCSO turned on ENC and I would assume the others they dispatch for such as Morrison, Golden, Mountain View, Edgewater etc as well.

Steve2003

Golden PD flipped the crypto switch as well. (Additionally Jeffco has also encrypted jail & courts channels along with the various local tac/ops channels used by the departments they dispatch for). Animal control, open space, and Wheat Ridge PD are still in the clear... for now.

I have also heard that Jeffco has also re-named a bunch of their talkgroups.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Makes you wonder if all this sudden urgency is a preemptive move in case the state ever does pass an "Open Dispatch" law.

If it's already in place they would have been exempt with the last S.B. that was shelved.

Two S.B.'s were stopped in committee in the past two sessions. The potential of it being presented again may be a motivator.

madjoe43

Come on guys you don't know why they are rushing to do this by the 1st? Say Red Flag. Can't have the gun owners knowing they are comimg too take his/her guns. Think about it?

kv6o

There are plenty of things that don't get aired. MDT, email, phone calls etc. Pretty sure they wouldn't be announcing those visits - encryption or not.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Makes you wonder if all this sudden urgency is a preemptive move in case the state ever does pass an "Open Dispatch" law.

If it's already in place they would have been exempt with the last S.B. that was shelved.

Two S.B.'s were stopped in committee in the past two sessions. The potential of it being presented again may be a motivator.
The move will certainly push the issue further in favor of the agencies. They have and will continue to use the excuse that reprogramming tens of thousands of radios will be cost prohibitive for all the agencies that have already switched. I would not be surprised if they lobbied The State to foot the bill should the law pass, which would be pretty much a nonstarter.

David628

Premium Subscriber
Thanks @jimmnn , I was wondering why I hadn't heard Jeffco today on my 325P2..... Darn, another one bites the dust....another one bites the dust...hey hey...

madjoe43

Well as of 01-07-2020 at 7:00am Arapahoe County has made the switch Dispatch is for now in the clear I also notice yesterday that Englewood also switched.

Status
Not open for further replies.