Jefferson County migration to MARCS-IP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8jsw

Premium Subscriber
Has Jefferson county made the switch to marcs complety or when will that happen. Just wondering cause i still hear them on their standalone system

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Has Jefferson county made the switch to marcs complety or when will that happen. Just wondering cause i still hear them on their standalone system

Jefferson County is still on their simulcast analog system. It's unknown when the they will make the switch.
I have been hearing it will happen in the fall, but I am uncertain when.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
If anyone has anymore information on the Jefferson County switch,please feel free to post.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Off-topic posts moved into new on-topic thread

All,

The above posts have been moved from the Butler County thread since they do not pertain to Butler County.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
n8jsw said:
You can delete the thread due to i was asking radioscan a question and did it the wrong way I guess. He said like jefferson county is on a part of the brics thread and was just asking. Since it is a new thread i guess i should of just pm him so it would not be a federal case about it in the wrong place.

I'm answering you here in response to your PM since you don't accept incoming PMs...

There's no reason to delete the thread; it's legitimate and you asked a valid question, it's just that hijacking someone else's thread to ask an off-topic question is against the rules. That's why it was moved to a thread of its own.

durango5550

Booger D.
Correct me if I am wrong but the current hardware of Jefferson county ( xtl 2500's and Xts 2500's and still using mts2000 ) will not allow the county to switch over.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Correct me if I am wrong but the current hardware of Jefferson county ( xtl 2500's and Xts 2500's and still using mts2000 ) will not allow the county to switch over.

XTL/XTS2500 are capable of P25 with the proper flash upgrades (if needed).

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I thought I heard they were staying on the 800 mhz not 700mhz doing a digital simulcast....

Digital and/or simulcast are not band-dependent; you can have either or both on any band.

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
According to my sources, they are a long way from making the switch. Dillonvale tower has been built ,but the building and radios have not been installed. Not going to happen any time soon........

durango5550

Booger D.
Don't really see the reason for new towers. Couldn't they just use existing towers to provide the same coverage they have now?

I see now that phase 2 is at least 10 years off possibly more.

and I hope as well they don't do what Belmont did.

Status
Not open for further replies.