Jefferson County NY New System

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

So they are going to join CNYICC.

Interesting (and weird) statements in the article.

"Jefferson County Emergency Management Director Joseph D. Plummer said the Federal Communications Commission has declared the frequency “dead” because there is too much noise to properly communicate."

Really? When and where did they make such a declaration?

“It’s very, very frustrating, and very, very scary,” Mr. Plummer said. “Somebody can get in trouble and try to talk on their radio, and we can’t hear them. ..."

They've been using 46.18 for what, 60 years? Now it's scary and dangerous, but Motorola is selling us a solution. What a coincidence.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
2 year old news item....O well .....Those people and Blue Fling have been at it for years....Telling Schoharie County to close to NYC for highband...when in the meantime selling Highband to Columbia...they should recalculate their GPS....I forget the BS line they fed Greene...But i guess they didnt bite...last i knew

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
BW is the worst company out there for sucking every penny they can out of the customer..sadly they don't really care whats best for the customer, just how much they can bleed...

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
LOL article over two years old and they're still no closer to a new system! Surprisingly that "obsolete" and "dead" frequency has continued to work for them!

Mike

KK2DOG

Premium Subscriber
The first of twelve towers is being installed now (Sept. 2017) and they are shooting for full operation by the spring of 2019 I believe. It will be a P-25 Phase I UHF system.

KK2DOG

Premium Subscriber
I also understand Jefferson County NY will be "piggy backing" off the Oswego County system if I'm not mistaken.

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
Here is the frequency line up from the FCC database

AuntEnvy

So they are now part of the CNY system? Is that what the "piggy back" is supposed to mean or do they otherwise have a different "patch-in" ability?

Apparently it hasn't been loaded into the RRDB...

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
So they are now part of the CNY system? Is that what the "piggy back" is supposed to mean or do they otherwise have a different "patch-in" ability?

Apparently it hasn't been loaded into the RRDB...

It will be part of the CNY system, but there is nothing to load in since its not on the air yet.

studgeman

Premium Subscriber
It will be a CNYICC sub-system, acting as one logical site, just as the rest of the counties on the Onondaga core. There is tower up now (the steel) two more well on their way and a 3rd and 4th in early progress right now. It would be helpful if the snow will melt and the pace of construction could pick up.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
I love it when people think 4.1 million falls out of a money tree " And now with this grant, we're saving the county taxpayers $4 million," said Jefferson County Emergency Management Director Joe Plummer. " No Mr Plummer you got it from the right pocket.....not the left....thats how grants work....Taxpayers pay one way or the other...Our county speaks the same way

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I love it when people think 4.1 million falls out of a money tree " And now with this grant, we're saving the county taxpayers $4 million," said Jefferson County Emergency Management Director Joe Plummer. " No Mr Plummer you got it from the right pocket.....not the left....thats how grants work....Taxpayers pay one way or the other...Our county speaks the same way

Eh, yes the grants are ultimately funded by tax dollars, however it's also not inaccurate to state that a grant of this type will save the taxpayers within a particular county some money.

That $4.1 million comes from a very large pool funded by tax dollars from all across the state, whereas if a county budgeted for the same $4.1 million on its own, it would be spread out only among the taxpayers of that county.

Status
Not open for further replies.