Jefferson County S.O. and Beaumont PD moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossdw

I noticed that starting today (11.10.2020) the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office and Beaumont Police Department are no longer on the old SETRRS system. I've checked the new SETRRS (P25 digital) system and they have not been moved there either. Anyone know what the new frequencies are?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
While Jeff County & Beaumont don't show a number of talkgroups on the new system (SETRRS P25) as yet, if the move is very recent, then probably no one, as yet, has submitted updates (or just not posted yet if updates were recently submitted).

I would suggest that you use the new system:
Then scan that system in ID Search mode (for Uniden scanners), which will pick up talkgroups that are being used, but that are not yet listed in the database. On the GRE/Whistler scanners (including those sold using a RadioShack label), add a group wildcard to look for new TGIDs.

I do see Beaumont Fire, as well as one Beaumont PD, TGID on the P25 system. It appears that the new talkgroups being found are the old, Moto Type II, talkgroups divided by 16. Look at Beaumont FD Channel 1 Dispatch
On the old system, it is TGID 16016.
1605040485189.png

On the new system, the talkgroup is 1001, which is 16016 divided by 16.
1605040544739.png

You can either set the system to use ID Search until the new talkgroups are submitted & posted to the database, or manually create the suspected new talkgroups by the method suggested.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
You may want to check TXWARN too. It looks like they have a site in Beaumont. Just put your scanner in ID search mode.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
You may want to check TXWARN too. It looks like they have a site in Beaumont. Just put your scanner in ID search mode.
I may be wrong, but I believe that I saw a note, either here, or maybe on the HoustonScan group, that the site in Beaumont was there for interop along the Gulf coast, as when a hurricane strikes in that area of Texas, Louisiana, or both states. The site in Jefferson County is only two frequencies. I think you'd see more than that if Beaumont was going to move there.

For the SETRRS system, there are already a few Jefferson County & Beaumont TGIDs showing, and the database page for the county notes that a move is in progress to SETRRS.

scanfan03

Premium Subscriber
I may be wrong, but I believe that I saw a note, either here, or maybe on the HoustonScan group, that the site in Beaumont was there for interop along the Gulf coast, as when a hurricane strikes in that area of Texas, Louisiana, or both states. The site in Jefferson County is only two frequencies. I think you'd see more than that if Beaumont was going to move there.

For the SETRRS system, there are already a few Jefferson County & Beaumont TGIDs showing, and the database page for the county notes that a move is in progress to SETRRS.

Yeah, there's no telling. There could be more voice channels there that aren't listed. But it doesn't hurt to put it in the scanner, because if it is just for interop you won't hear anything anyways and if Beaumont did switch to that, you'd know right away.

crossdw

Thanks for your responses. I'm not using a traditional scanner - it's an RTL-SDR setup with UniTrunker v2. I program in the control freq and it will find all the related channels and follow the calls. The old SETRRS system has been used for a number of municipalities in this area including Jefferson, Orange, and Hardin counties. I now see the majority of these groups are being moved to the new SETRRS digital system, and I have it's control channel so there is no problem there. However, it appears that Jefferson County SO and Beaumont PD specifically are not added to this system, but moved to something else. I checked with a friend who is a JeffCo SO officer, and he said they were moved to a new system yesterday morning (11/10) without any notice. They are not on the new SETRRS system from what I can see, and I checked the FCC license database to see if they had perhaps received a new set of freqs and put up a new system, but no luck there either. I did see that TXWARN now has a new repeater in Beaumont but none of those freqs have traffic on them.

InterOp still exists as the company I work for uses InterOp to communicate with local PD and FD in the event of an emergency (hurricane, refinery incident, etc)

giant22000

Hmmm.... With my BCD436HP in discovery mode on the new P25 system it does appear that I'm hearing BPD and/or JeffCoShO. TGID's 3 and 145 I can recognize as LEO but haven't established municipality as of yet.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hmmm.... With my BCD436HP in discovery mode on the new P25 system it does appear that I'm hearing BPD and/or JeffCoShO. TGID's 3 and 145 I can recognize as LEO but haven't established municipality as of yet.

TGID 3 should be Orange PD Ch 1/Dispatch

TGID 145 should be Bridge City PD Ch 1/Dispatch

giant22000

Somewhere in the past I manually loaded some Beaumont site P25 freqs someone posted on this forum that's not in the database. That's what I have discovery locked to.

So it does appear that they've kept this swap completely secret as they are not on the new p25? lol

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
If they maintain the same formula for the new talkgroups (Old TGID divided by 16) the attached template should help. Note that this converts all the old talkgroups on the Moto Type II system to the new P25 system, but some of the agencies may have not yet moved.

Attachments

• SETRRS Conversion.pdf
    188.7 KB · Views: 42

giant22000

Now I'm really confused as to what's going on with the new P25 system. Comparing what I have programmed in Sentinel which came directly from the RR database with the exception of the Beaumont site as I remember someone posting those freqs and me having to manually program those in (and not able to find that post to save my life), it appears that most of the freqs are offset by .00005 and I can not find any documentation on changes made with the RR database showing when this happened. Anyone have any clarification or am I missing something? Thanks.

Below is what I have programmed into my scanner for the new P25 system which came directly from the RR database months back with the exception of the Beaumont site.

Beaumont

Silsbee

Sour Lake

Port Arthur

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Now I'm really confused as to what's going on with the new P25 system. Comparing what I have programmed in Sentinel which came directly from the RR database with the exception of the Beaumont site as I remember someone posting those freqs and me having to manually program those in (and not able to find that post to save my life), it appears that most of the freqs are offset by .00005 and I can not find any documentation on changes made with the RR database showing when this happened. Anyone have any clarification or am I missing something? Thanks.

Below is what I have programmed into my scanner for the new P25 system which came directly from the RR database months back with the exception of the Beaumont site.

Beaumont

Silsbee

Sour Lake

Port Arthur
That last character difference, as it is only 50hz, has zero effect on your reception. If you look at the database entry for this system, or any number of other systems, you'll see that in the database that Uniden maintains for the HP, x36HP, as well as SDS series scanners, is only the first four digigits to the right of the decimal place. That 50hz difference is well within the tolerance for an of the scanners, and does not pose a problem. See this thread for a discussion of the same issue.

crossdw

I may have found my answer, but it creates a new question. Looks like they are in the middle of transitioning to P25 Phase II. RadioReference has received new updates in the last day or so and now Jefferson County SO and Beaumont PD are on the updated list. HOWEVER, now my setup of using UniTrunker v2 will see the traffic but I have no audio which, I assume, is because UniTrunker doesn't do phase II decryption. I know OP25 does phase II but it's not easy to use. I've read DSDPlus Fastlane will do phase II but the interface is a little clunky compared to UniTrunker. I am curious to know if anyone has experimented with porting UniTrunker v2 into DSDPlus so you can use the UniTrunker interface which then sends the data to DSDPlus to decrypt.

teebee

After posting of this forum that I was no longer able to pick up Orange County Site any longer and was wondering if they changed freqs of Control Chanel I may have figured this out. And maybe the same for the Beaumont Old Analog system. It appears that the Orange site and Beaumont Analog site converted to the P25 System. Maybe this is old news, however it new to me and never saw any of this posted anywhere on the forum or DB. I added the Orange and Beaumont analog Sites (freqs.) to the new P25 system as additional sites in the p25 list and instantly started receiving the sites again. Orange Site CC is 856.4375 and Beaumont site is 858.7375.
Looks like there is another site using CC 853.8500, However I am not able to identify or say for sure. Maybe someone can help to figure this out

KG1ADP

Moto
Premium Subscriber
Information Has been submitted to the database. 853.8500 is the Bragg Site in Northwest Hardin County

Status
Not open for further replies.