Jefferson County Sheriff's Dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
For the past month or so, I have heard the Jefferson County Sheriff's Dept. say "go to channel 4" their "police" channel 4 is the fire channel 4 which is 153.815MHZ with a tone of 162.2.

atlong

Database Admin
Yes, Mike. I've noticed this too. Back when I lived in MD, Howard County Fire & PD units had a channel 4 also. Its purpose was for coordination between pd and fd units. Most often in that configuration the PD units would use it for running license, wanted and registration checks, although the FD could switch over to it if they had multiple incidents and needed a fireground channel, or actually use it for its original intention. Years later, after the county had grown, they split the county into two police districts and assigned channel 4 as the southern district police dispatch channel exclusively. Baltimore County, MD also has a Fire/PD coordination channel as do other jurisdictions on their respective TRS'. Unfortunately, communications on those talkgroups/channels are extremely rare. I suppose its a good idea in theory, but not necessarily in practice.

atlong

Database Admin
Jefferson County, WV Signal and 10 Codes

I know I've seen some requests in this group for these. I did some digging around on the net and found a couple of sites which had these codes listed, but apparently are not up any longer. The good thing about these times we live in is that someone somewhere caches web pages. I managed to find this list on a cached site. Not sure if they are up to date, but here they are and let's get some feedback on them. If they look good after say a month or so, I'll put them up on the database.

Attachments

• Jefferson County 10-Codes and Signal-Codes.doc
    34 KB · Views: 616

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I think I was the one that was asking for signal codes for Berkeley Co. I think they are very close or the same.

thanks. I guess I could have looked and dug them up as well but I was lazy. :)

atlong

Database Admin
It appears some of the 10-codes in that document I posted are not accurate. I'll keep searching for an accurate list and post them when I get them.

jeebs98

Feed Provider
Jefferson County WV radio codes

Andy,

What part of the information is inaccurate? The page that contains the information you posted is hosted by me, and I am very interested in discussing any information deemed inaccurate.

Also, I prefer that links to the page be posted (rather than cut-and-pastes) so that the information obtained is up-to-date. I run my own server, and I do not plan on discontinuing support of the codes or frequencies pages in either the near or distant future. The link is:

jeffersoncountywv.net/codes.html

Thanks!

-jamie

atlong

Database Admin
Hi Jamie,

Thanks for the response. I've highlighted two that I know to be used differently over the radio. There could be more. 10-75 is what I believe to be a check for wanted/stolen locally? Not 100% sure on that one, but I know it's not as it's listed. Also, Signal 52 is possibly a domestic violence call, not anything related to hawker/peddler. I can't 100% confirm these, but have heard them in use in Jefferson County and on the State Police radio numerous times and they sounded no where near the what's listed and as they were using them in context during the radio traffic.

Attachments

• Jefferson County 10-Codes and Signal-Codes.doc
    34 KB · Views: 179

jeebs98

Feed Provider
Jefferson County WV Radio Codes

Hello Andy,

Thanks for the info. The original list that I started with came from w-a-y back in the early '80s when I was winding-down my term as a dispatcher here. Lots of changes have been made along the way. I will look into these, as well as any other ones that sound 'dated', and get them corrected ASAP!

-jamie

insiderinfo

Jamie,

That 10 and signal code list is not accurate. The new Director has revamped everything and has eliminated many of the unneeded codes. Fire and EMS are completely plain language and the only code that may/could be used on the primary fire channels is likely "10-4". PD don't use half those codes.

jeebs98

Feed Provider
Jefferson County WV Radio Codes

Sure thing, Andy. Changes are inevitable, so a link would be better than a snapshot.

-jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.