Jefferson County SO

Status
Not open for further replies.

teebee

Does anyone have the Jefferson County So talkgroups that is supposed to be now using the Birmingham TRS. I looked in the DB under the Birmingham system and did not see any thing listed. I do see what appears to be the older so talkgroups under the Jefferson County TRS

BhamScanFan

JeffCo Sheriff TGID's

Jefferson County and Birmingham city maintain separate systems, but they are linked and both use the same control frequencies but use separate frequencies for traffic on their respective systems. I have my BC396T set up with 2 systems - one for Jefferson County and one with Birmingham. I maintain some TGIDs from Birmingham in the Jefferson County system and some Jefferson County TGIDs in the Birmingham system so I can lock out TGIDs from the other system, thus I only hear the TGIDs for Jefferson County on the Jefferson County system and only hear Birmingham TGIDs on the Birmingham System.

Exactly, on my Pro-96 I have Birmingham and JeffCo in it as one system, with talkgroups for Birmingham PD, Birmingham FD, JeffCo SO, and everything else programmed into separate banks within the system. This lets me lock out those banks and also specific talkgroups within those banks if I want to.

The choice is really up to you. It all really depends on your scanner and personal preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.