Jefferson County Suburban Fire channels 5-8

msradell

If anyone have any idea why the feed for the above listed channels on Broadcastify is down and how long it will be before it's back up? It's been down since this weekend.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I believe the guy who oversees that has been "out of the office" for school attendance and will get to it as soon as he can. An e-mail goes out to the person managing a feed when it goes off line, so I'm sure he is aware. . .

msradell

I believe the guy who oversees that has been "out of the office" for school attendance and will get to it as soon as he can. An e-mail goes out to the person managing a feed when it goes off line, so I'm sure he is aware. . .
Thanks for the reply. I wish that MetroSafe would provide a feed for suburban fire. I know somebody recently started providing one for Louisville Fire, not sure if that's MetroSafe or somebody else. Hopefully if they provide one it doesn't have the delay like the PD does.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I think Okolona Fire is involved with that, or at least in the beginning of the feed. It appears to be back up and running as of Wednesday evening.

I'm pretty sure that MetroSafe would have numerous reasons why they would prefer to not host a feed.

Police did the delayed feed to reduce transparency backlash for encrypting their main channels.

msradell

I think Okolona Fire is involved with that, or at least in the beginning of the feed. It appears to be back up and running as of Wednesday evening.

I'm pretty sure that MetroSafe would have numerous reasons why they would prefer to not host a feed.

Police did the delayed feed to reduce transparency backlash for encrypting their main channels.
I don't see why Metro safe wouldn't want to host fire since it's much less controversial than PD. Also recently somebody else has put City Fire up on Broadcastify. I actually wish they would put it on OpenMHZ, it has a lot more flexibility and great online storage!

Alrib123

I don't see why Metro safe wouldn't want to host fire since it's much less controversial than PD. Also recently somebody else has put City Fire up on Broadcastify. I actually wish they would put it on OpenMHZ, it has a lot more flexibility and great online storage!
There's a Broadcastify calls node that streams the fire channels

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
No, that's the conventional feed. The Calls node has all of the fire talkgroups.

Hmmm....

I looked at the Calls Node and saw where TAC 11 and TAC 33 where captured, but are not part of the Conventional Feed. I would have thought with all the "weather festivities" over the past several days, all of the Fire Tac channels in Jefferson, Bullitt and Oldham would have been captured along with FIRE 3, 4, 7 and 8, assuming they were used.

INDaviation

Custom title goes here
Premium Subscriber
Make sure you're looking at "All time" captured talkgroups, instead of the past 24 hours. It's on the top right when viewing all captured talkgroups.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Learned something new today!

That put some there I thought should have, though there are a couple of Bullitt County TAC channels (49, 51, 31, 61) absent. It's possible some of those may not affiliate to Jefferson County site(s).

msradell

Okay, I found that information and feeds on Broadcastify but I use Scannerlive to listen to the feeds and all I can find there are the ones I mentioned previously. Is there a way to get the other ones through that app or do I need to go directly to Broadcastify? I really prefer listening to a desktop app instead of having to go through a browser.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
Learned something new today!

That put some there I thought should have, though there are a couple of Bullitt County TAC channels (49, 51, 31, 61) absent. It's possible some of those may not affiliate to Jefferson County site(s).
And they say you can't teach an old dog new tricks!! Ha, I just learned this today myself. I had a bookmark on my phone screen and would get frustrated when I couldn't find the TG I wanted. Now I know how to fix that. Thanks for the info INDaviation!