Jefferson County & Watertown

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Rumor has it the city of Watertown and the County of Jefferson have received grants for new radio systems. Has anyone else heard of this? What's the scoop?

Mike

studgeman

Premium Subscriber
The last recomendation they had was to move operation into UHF to be compatiable with Ft. Drum and future compatiable with Oswego. While I cannot confirm what their plans are now, I know the last recomendation was a UHF P25 countywide trunked system, with an tie to Ft. Drum's and eventually Oswego County's. I guess I have a few phone calls to make....

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Is Oswego County getting a new system? They're on 800MHz trunked now. Please let us all know what you find out, eh?

Mike

D

DaveNF2G

So far, three of the four counties in New York State that used or planned to use LTR-MultiNet are abandoning it. Westchester went to P25 instead. Orleans County plans to change, but I haven't heard anything definite about their preferred new system. Oswego County wants UHF P25, I believe. Rensselaer County - who knows?

studgeman

Premium Subscriber
Yes I can confirm UHF P25 for Oswego, it is in the early stages, pre consultant, though they have several people they are working with as part of the 5 county i/o consortium. I remeber hearing somethign about Orleans, to the best of my knowlege, EFJ was going to upgrade/replace it with a P25.

LathamScan

Premium Subscriber
It would make sense that Oswego County would switch to UHF P25 as Onondaga County is in the process of getting a similar system.

As for Rensselaer County, I am guessing it will be whatever their 'preferred' vendor pitches to them. I personally hope they switch to a P25 system myself, then at least we could easily listen to it.

Kevin

n2ops

Public Safety Interoperable Communications (PSIC) Grant Program

http://ny.gov/governor/press/press_0709083.html

Monroe County - $2,607,000
Wayne County - $1,629,519.20
Seneca County - $1,141,440
Tompkins County - $68,000
Rockland County - $600,000
Orange County - $1,372,500
Ontario County - $448,560
Erie County - $1,612,439
Otsego County - $335,440
Allegany County - $1,700,475.96
City of Watertown - $901,600

D

DaveNF2G

Rensselaer County is going to have a very hard time attracting government money for a while. [State] Senator Bruno has retired and Rensco was in his District. He brought a lot of money home during the time he was Majority Leader, and the rest of the state is about to get some payback.

The county's preferred vendor is Wells Communications. They are a Motorola and LTR shop. If the county is going to have a prayer of getting federal funding, the next system will have to be P25.

studgeman

Premium Subscriber
It would make sense that Oswego County would switch to UHF P25 as Onondaga County is in the process of getting a similar system.

That is exactly what is going on. Madison, and Cayuga are also on the bandwagon.

Counties possibly looking toward the same type of system are Broome, Otsego, Cortland and as a long shot Chenango.

Who needs SWN? just fund compatiable county systems, a little ISSI makes the world go round....

Status
Not open for further replies.