Jenks, Bixby, Glenpool EDACS help

Status
Not open for further replies.

umpire777

Premium Subscriber
I need some help in programming the Jenks, Bixby, and Glenpool EDACS for my Pro-164.
I get the Broken Arrow freq, I started at 01 for the EDACS numbers. I did the same but I can't get anything from these cities. I've added in the Freq. and ID's but I still get nothing.

Any help?
Thanks

peterjmag

Ump...
Welcome to Radioreference! My first question is where are you located and second what kind of radio are you using? The EDACS systems used in the area are monstly line of site. One usually has to be in that particular town in order to get 100% reception without fade outs or nothing at all unless you are using a better antenna then the one that came with the scanner. Also, terrain plays a big part in EDACS reception. Let us know, thanks...

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Another way to check if your even getting the control channel of Jenks, Bixby or Glenpool is to go through each freq. in manual and see if you can hear the control channel, if you can't your not going to get the system in scan mode.

Chaos703

Are you putting each system in a separate bank or trying to load them all up in one? With EDACS, each system has to have a separate bank. Sucks.

Here's another little tip. If you don't want to use four banks to scan these four systems, you really only need to put in Broken Arrow and EITHER Glenpool OR Jenks. Bixby is always (almost always?) carried on the BA system and Glenpool is always (almost always?) carried on Jenks — and visa versa. So that narrows it down to only two banks.

Terribly clever, aren't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.