Jericho cancelled a second time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibagli

Premium Subscriber
I figured this would happen. The ratings weren't any better this season. So I guess Tuesday will be the end version rather than the cliffhanger version.

Utah_Viper

unfortunately everyone watched it online or downloaded it. Thus it got crap ratings, once again Jericho fans doomed themselves by not watching the show.

LordJ

Taken from another site.
To find out who is watching TV and what they are watching, the company gets around 5,000 households to agree to be a part of the representative sample for the national ratings estimates. Nielsen's statistics show that 99 million households have TVs in the United States, so Nielsen's sample is not very large. The key, therefore, is to be sure the sample is representative. Then TVs, homes, programs, and people are measured in a variety of ways.

To find out what people are watching, meters installed in the selected sample of homes track when TV sets are on and what channels they are tuned to. A "black box," which is just a computer and modem, gathers and sends all this information to the company's central computer every night. Then by monitoring what is on TV at any given time, the company is able to keep track of how many people watch which program.

Therefore, the people they picked didn't like the show, I would think it has nothing to do with whether or not viewers downloaded it. If you agreed to be a sample home, I would think you would be kind enough to actually watch the tv, and not download the shows. It's too bad, I hate it when I get into a really good show, then the stupid network cancels it...Like when the NFL pressured ESPN to cancel Playmakers..That was awesome...

rabidjade

Maybe someone else will pick it up. It was on when I was at work so I only could watch it on their web site. They should throw those viewers in the ratings too since there are still commercials on the online version.

LordJ

I guess it could be worse. We could have watched for a couple of seasons to find out that it was all a dream....or happening in a snow-globe...

bpckty1

Just when it gets interesting, they have to pull the plug.

I guess CBS management doesn't think long term. If "Lost" were treated the same way as "Jericho" is being treated, the survivors would still be on the beach.

Looks like a good opportunity for USA Network or Sci-Fi ("Stargate SG-1" is a good example)to pick up the show, and Sci-Fi is showing last season's programs.

Just watched the SERIES finale. It was a good episode and at least they finished the series the right way. I wont go into details seeing it hasnt been shown on the west coast and hawaii yet.

ENJOY!

KC1UA

Scan New England Guru
Database Admin
I'd have to thank CBS for giving this show it's BEGINNING. There is so much to expand on here. Hopefully a cable network picks it up and does so. The potential for new plots as well as backstory, other locations leading up to and immediately after the attacks, etc., is amazing. CBS calls Jericho's audience a "niche". There are certainly networks such as SciFi, CW, USA, etc. that cater to such audiences, create quality programming, and are less concerned with ratings than the big 4 are. Such a network could pick up Jericho and give it the long run it deserves.

When I say what we had for two seasons was a beginning, I also see it that way with regards to the current characters. I would think that a segue away from the original ensemble to new actors would happen, given that in reality many of those actors have now moved on to other projects. Also, a cable network is not going to be able to pay them the $$ that a major network is. I'm inclined to doubt that Skeet Ulrich, an up and coming star, is going to take a significant pay cut because the show must go on. That said, the current characters would probably eventually give way to new ones, which would also solve the issue of the fact that the Jericho set has been torn down completely at this point.

I doubt we've seen the end of Jericho just yet. There is some creative genius or group of them out there waiting to pounce on this gem and take it to the next level.

Damn the reality shows, full speed ahead.

pogbobo

scancapecod said:

Damn the reality shows, full speed ahead.

whoever makes these decisions can [maybe I shouldn't say that lol] ... not just CBS, all of them ... every single one ...

we've lost great shows like Day Break, K-Ville, Bionic Woman, Jericho, Crossing Jordan, The Black Donnellys, the list goes on ...

and for what?

Another unbearable Big Brother :evil:
America's Top Model :evil:
Dancing with the Stars :evil:
The Bachelor :evil:
The Moment of Truth :evil:

what is the world coming to ... lmao, if I get arrested by the tv police its been a fun ride guys :D

Last edited:

Utah_Viper

joe_disco_electronics said:
Just watched the SERIES finale. It was a good episode and at least they finished the series the right way. I wont go into details seeing it hasnt been shown on the west coast and hawaii yet.

ENJOY!
You could tell that the last half hour was 'packed' and that the story line would have carried out for a few more episodes. The other thing is on my CBS they actually had a commercial for Jericho next week, but I think they just forgot to pull it.

Status
Not open for further replies.