Jersey City Fire Department switching over today

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
JCFD companies are responding to Bishop St, Fire Dispatch this morning to pick up new radios that are encryption capable. I'm told as of today, any communications on the JCFD TRS "Dispatch 1" channel will be encrypted. It's unknown if all TG's in the JC TRS will be full time encryption. I guess time will tell what we will hear on the TRS and if they have new TG's.

The good news is, the two analog fire ground channels will remain in the clear, for now. I still hear companies and boxes coming in on Dispatch 1 as of 0900 11/20.

Before we loose this thread like the last one. I know someone posted last year about JCFD going encrypted, I am not complaining about encryption. And I couldn't add comments to the older JC TRS encryption threads because they are closed to new comments. I'm only posting for you listening pleasurer. Have a great day.

Last edited:

rftechnyc

Member without Bit-Error
Premium Subscriber
So far still hearing all the companies on the main dispatch in the clear

NJEMT12982

Premium Subscriber
FWIW, it's 1045AM right now and still clear. Hearing companies calling in service over the air but hearing they are going silent around noonish. Another sad day...

rftechnyc

Member without Bit-Error
Premium Subscriber
FWIW, it's 1045AM right now and still clear. Hearing companies calling in service over the air but hearing they are going silent around noonish. Another sad day...
Anyone have unitrunker running yet?

rftechnyc

Member without Bit-Error
Premium Subscriber
Nothing but crickets since yesterday. I think its safe to say the rumors came true.

CqDx

Unless my DSD is broken (which could very well be the case), it seems I haven't seen affiliation on TG 2000 since 8pm. Are they back on conventional?

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Are all talkgroups for JCFD now encrypted (whole FD system) or just dispatch ones?

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I can not confirm that, I have a print out from the class they did to familiarize members on the new radios, however it doesn't say if the channel is encrypted or not. Besides Dispatch 1, the only channel the FD used (if they have enough dispatchers on duty) is fire ground 6. I know the PD will be going over too once they get their radios, again I can't confirm all channels will be encrypted.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Can one of the locals please confirm whether or not every FD talkgroup is now encrypted full-time? Got a vague submission stating "Jersey City Fire P25 system now encrypted", and before I go flagging every TG with the big E, I want to confirm.

MStep

jperuta

Premium Subscriber
Can one of the locals please confirm whether or not every FD talkgroup is now encrypted full-time? Got a vague submission stating "Jersey City Fire P25 system now encrypted", and before I go flagging every TG with the big E, I want to confirm.

For what its worth last tie i was down there about 3 weeks ago they were totally in the dark

jperuta

Premium Subscriber
I provide the feed and am a retired member of JCFD, the FD talk groups on the Jersey City UHF TRS are ALL 100% encrypted. The analog fire ground channels 2 and 3 can still be heard, for now. They are working to make FG 2 and 3 digital and encrypted. PD will be going E soon.
i know it's been a while but are the fg channels encrytped? or digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.