Jersey City Trunk Help BC796D

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
I'm using a Uniden BC796D to do the JC trunk system. I'm not picking up anything. I am getting talk on my BC396T so I'm in range. I have the most recent firmware updates. I am using Scancontrol V 7.1.0 any ideas??

rufus-7

hi jcityfire,

i'm not totally sure if the bc796d is able to track that system. for the past week jcpd has been on their old conventional system due to some problems with the trs. i know the trs is 100% p25 and the new unidens and gre scanners could track it. try programming it exactly the way you have it in the 396t and see what happens.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
The 796D will do 9600 baud full P25 systems. It's the 785D that won't do it.

Make sure you have it programmed as a P25 system with the correct base, spacing and offset. Check for typos in your programming(control channels). I have yet to try to program on of these systems as there are none in range of my location so I can only offer suggestions.

AlexC

Database Admin
The PD is back off the system and has been for the past few days while other issues are worked out. So you may only see the Incinerator Authority on the system (DEC 4000 range) right now.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Nothing will work. I guess I will keep changing settings and see what happens. If anyone has a file with the JC system in it let me know.

Thanks
John

Status
Not open for further replies.