Jersey Coastal Alert GMRS Frequency Added In Union County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I noticed this was recently added to the DB. Just wondering if this is for Jersey Coastal, should it belong under NJ State in the DB instead of Union County? Is this for tracking hurricanes and coastal storms or some kind of Skywarn Net just for Union County?

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I noticed this was recently added to the DB. Just wondering if this is for Jersey Coastal, should it belong under NJ State in the DB instead of Union County? Is this for tracking hurricanes and coastal storms or some kind of Skywarn Net just for Union County?

They're a volunteer REACT group.

And I actually don't understand why it was added. It has nothing to with Union County at all, and no such group would ever be permitted to operate in Union County, which doesn't work with REACT, ARES, or RACES. You can't barely receive it in Union County anyway and it's really just a rebroadcast of NOAA. And it's not licensed in UC.

Seems like free advertising for a Passaic/Hudson "enthusiast" group and not a valid entry (for Union County).

Just my opinion, but as someone who has worked really closely with some admins to make sure Union County is the role model of relevance and cleanliness for the rest of the DB...Jersey Coastal should really, reallllllllllly be removed from UC.

Last edited:

mondaro

Feed Provider
Jersey Coastal Emergency has been around for years, Those severe weather damage reports you hear on the news, some of them come from JCES severe weather reports are relayed to the National Weather Service, most of there members are either active or retired Police, Fire, EMS, and or communications centers dispatchers, most if not all of them are trained, and also just my opinion they don't the so-called advertisement for christ sake someone smart would monitor it for situational awareness, I believe the NWS Weather Warnings are transmitted on it, those from JCES that monitor this board THANK YOU for your service all these years you guys and ladies do a wonderful job.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
They're a volunteer REACT group.

And I actually don't understand why it was added. It has nothing to with Union County at all, and no such group would ever be permitted to operate in Union County, which doesn't work with REACT, ARES, or RACES. You can't barely receive it in Union County anyway and it's really just a rebroadcast of NOAA. And it's not licensed in UC.

Seems like free advertising for a Passaic/Hudson "enthusiast" group and not a valid entry (for Union County).

Just my opinion, but as someone who has worked really closely with some admins to make sure Union County is the role model of relevance and cleanliness for the rest of the DB...Jersey Coastal should really, reallllllllllly be removed from UC.

Radioditch,

Wow, I am indeed surprised! What hostility and negativity from this post and such a broad brush stroke against this group!
IMHO it seems that your have issues or complaints agonist them and I ask why?

Now I took a look at their web page and quote:

JCAES Inc. does not interfere with or conduct operations reserved to Public Safety authorities. JCAES Inc. only cooperates with such authorities (Federal, State County and Municipal level Police, Fire, EMS, Emergency Management, Public Works and department of Transportation DOT etc.)and only (does so) when requested and advised by said (authorities)agencies.

As to their actual operations (or fear of those operations) Accordingly, to the above statement
they would have no business in UNION County unless they were actually called in officially by UNION County authorites.

I happen to know a good number of the members of this group and they are either current Public Safety (Police, Fire, EMS, OEM etc.) or retired. Most members have both amateur. GMRS licenses and are well trained in NIMS & ICS.

Now all the listings here RRDB are centered on the counties where their primary repeaters are and their coverage's.
Since the Essex County repeater located in W. Orange, it has the largest coverage foot print. It's heard in more counties.
Also just because they use GMRS as one of their communications tools and have "some" similarities to REACT type organizations. does not make them "whacker"or even a "buff" group.

Your Quote "You can also barely receive their frequency in Union County, which is just a 24/7 rebroadcast of NOAA KWO35 (Channel 7/162.550)."

Again , if you would please "listen" carefully, It's only the WX Alert broadcasts of Watches and Warnings not the 24/7 constant broadcast.

Also the group is NOT NJ State Wide and is listed only in the counties where they have their GMRS repeater coverage.

Finaly, They are listed here in the RR DB for the scanner enthusiast to listen. enjoy and monitor.

Thank you,

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
IMHO it seems that your have issues or complaints agonist them and I ask why?

I have no issue with them since I'd never heard of them until they were added to the database and I started asking around and researching them. Whatever positive work they do, hey that's great, but my understanding of the database is/was/has always been that for a listing to be attached to a given county, it has to be relevant to that county, not just a matter of coverage.

By the logic of coverage...I can hear Jersey City from Westfield, does that mean their system should be added to Union County? Or FDNY? Or Woodbridge Township? Or any of the VHF lowband skip DX as of late?

The frequency and group has no relevance to Union County.

As to "Agonist" (I know you meant against)...good band...lol.

As to their actual operations (or fear of those operations) Accordingly, to the above statement
they would have no business in UNION County unless they were actually called in officially by UNION County authorites.

Not sure why the sarcastic "fear" comment, it's just a statement of fact that Union County does not work with private OEM/REACT/ARES/RACES organizations as matter of policy of both County Division of Emergency Services and a previous decision by the Freeholders. Red Cross and that's it. Which makes it further irrelevant to Union County.

Again , if you would please "listen" carefully, It's only the WX Alert broadcasts of Watches and Warnings not the 24/7 constant broadcast.

Everything I've heard so far from listening has just been rebroadcasts of KWO35.

Here's a question for btw Ken...are you a member of the organization?

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Above my pay grade on were it goes in the database my point was I know people in that group they are excellent people.

That's not the matter in question Mr. M. I questioned nobody's character, and wouldn't. Re: Golden Rule

My only issue is that it doesn't belong attached to Union County.

Analogrules

I do think it is relevant to the DB, but does NOT belong in the Union County section of the DB. It should be moved under "state". Perhaps an admin can switch it to where it belongs in the DB?

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I have no issue with them since I'd never heard of them until they were added to the database and I started asking around and researching them. Whatever positive work they do, hey that's great, but my understanding of the database is/was/has always been that for a listing to be attached to a given county, it has to be relevant to that county, not just a matter of coverage.

By the logic of coverage...I can hear Jersey City from Westfield, does that mean their system should be added to Union County? Or FDNY? Or Woodbridge Township? Or any of the VHF lowband skip DX as of late?

The frequency and group has no relevance to Union County. and entry has been removed by another RRDB Admin from Union County!

As to "Agonist" (I know you meant against)...good band...lol. Typo here

Not sure why the sarcastic "fear" comment, it's just a statement of fact that Union County does not work with private OEM/REACT/ARES/RACES organizations as matter of policy of both County Division of Emergency Services and a previous decision by the Freeholders. Red Cross and that's it. Which makes it further irrelevant to Union County.

Again, you overall post indeed seemed overtly hostile and so negative to me.
With that said its a moot point now and the entry has been removed by another RRDB Admin from Union County!
As for me, from this point forward in regards IMHO of what appears to be the Union Co "sacrosanct status",
I am OUT! I am just going to refrain and keep my hands off it. Thank you....

Everything I've heard so far from listening has just been rebroadcasts of KWO35.
Yes, rebroadcasts of Alert Warnings and Watches Only! Not the constant and continuous WX broadcast.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
All this drama over a silly GMRS frequency used by some buff group? Good grief. :rolleyes:

I just hope that the 462.550 frequency is only being listed in counties where there is the presence of a physical repeater. I do think it was a bit much to create an entirely separate GMRS agency page for just that organization across 8 different counties...

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
All this drama over a silly GMRS frequency used by some buff group? Good grief. :rolleyes:

I just hope that the 462.550 frequency is only being listed in counties where there is the presence of a physical repeater. I do think it was a bit much to create an entirely separate GMRS agency page for just that organization across 8 different counties...

Each county where listed is centered on the primary repeater location and also members do reside and talk on these repeaters where they are located.
With that stated a for the record,
if the consensus of those RR DB Admins and or Senior RRDB managers who have jurisdiction over the State of NJ decide
the JCAES GMRS listings are either bogus or otherwise false, not relevant or not meeting up to RR standards.
Then Remove all data in reference to this group.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I wasn't suggesting that the group or the listings are "bogus", however I do think that perhaps they were given a bit too much prominence in the RRDB with what essentially amounts to a dedicated page in 8 counties just for them (yes, one or two other counties also have a GMRS repeater listed...also a bit much). In any event, what's done is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.