Jersey Shore - Wildwoods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveradio

Finally, happen to get along 5-day weekend vacation in the Wildwoods and of course, took my Pro96 scanner which is slowly losing its gain but as stated to family well you all have your phones in your hand, myself the scanner. sitting on the balcony or rooftop of the hotel and enjoyed monitoring the Wildwoods which have not changed much.
Noticed officers in Wildwood still carrying HT1000 which was impressed and Moreys crews carrying Motorola CP200s
also sent in updated Morey's Piers
along with Repeated beach patrol in Wildwood now using 159.150 and Crest 155.265
Main question was Ems and Fire I know they were alerted on 154.130 and EMS response 155.790
but where did the Fire department response channel go?

My findings have been updated and appreciate the admin for doing that.

My only question is how can so many unlicensed users be in one area and so many limited FCC licenses granted to the area?

The hotels were all over the place:
Aqua Beach Crest was using the 462.525 Retevis H77 Ch.5 with no license on the file of course
Gondolier/ Aztec/ American Safari are all owned together using a repeater on 463.8625 PL114.8 can't locate a license holder
Ocean Towers was using 464.5000 DPL411
Adventure Inn using a repeater 461.750 PL114.8

also, many others that could not locate or even figure out. One system sounded to be on 421.0365 Amateur band frequency but they did not talk enough.

Walking around glad to see radios are still in demand in some areas and are being used heavy, just wish they would license properly.

Just curious if anyone else scanning down at the shore and your go-to frequencies

Thanks all enjoy your summer whats left

jaymatt1978

Let me fist welcome you to Cape May County for fire response they use 151.1150. 155.7900 is called ISLAND WIDE CHANNEL 3 which means it's used by all the departments. Some one goto channels are 154.2500 which is countywide channel 3 which is when things really get hopping./. I seen Wildwood Police 2 as 155.5350 asPolice channel 2 but never heard. The medics are on 155.2950 and respond Wildwood on 155.7900. Wildwood is still on 155.4300 but North Wildwood went to the NJICS system. ALSO if you feel like taking a ride down to Cape May I would more than happy to share some stuff with you

Last edited:

philacop

Premium Subscriber
Hello gang down in cape co.
Does anyone down there know if North Wildwood beach patrol is still using the listed frequency?
Also any DMR or Nexedge Trunked buisness systems they monitor in the Cape May/Atlantic Co area such as Homan ect ???
There may be control channel activity on 500-503 mhz bands

Thanks

wildbillx

Premium Subscriber
Justin, correction on the freqs, Wildwood Fd uses 154.130 for dispatch, 155.790 for Ops, 154.025 for fireground on working jobs. Wildwood Crest FD/EMS use 154.130 for dispatch and 151.130 for ops unless they have working fire then 154.025. Atlanticare Medics are now on the NJICS and switch to whatever town ops channel while responding. North Wildwood Pd is still 155.640, Wildwood Pd is still 154.965, but Wildwood Crest Pd is on the NJICS.
Philacop- Yes North Wildwood bp is the same however they do have a 2nd channel that isnt listed for Lt, and Capt. As for a DMR system there is Homan site in Corbin City but nothing south that I know of yet. I personally wish they would move one more south so all these hotels and businesses have options.

philacop

Premium Subscriber
North Wildwood was clear on 155.1600
The others are now repeated
Wildbillx
I think the Homan used to be a ltr system in Corbin City but may now be a Nexedge trunked system..
I know there is a DMR trunked system down there on 501.075 and 501.100 now on 171 system..
If anyone is down there they can scan 500 to 503 MHz for any DMR connect plus or Nexedge control channels .. Maybe even ant trunked smrs in Atlantic City ??

Steveradio

Let me fist welcome you to Cape May County for fire response they use 151.1150. 155.7900 is called ISLAND WIDE CHANNEL 3 which means it's used by all the departments. Some one goto channels are 154.2500 which is countywide channel 3 which is when things really get hopping./. I seen Wildwood Police 2 as 155.5350 asPolice channel 2 but never heard. The medics are on 155.2950 and respond Wildwood on 155.7900. Wildwood is still on 155.4300 but North Wildwood went to the NJICS system. ALSO if you feel like taking a ride down to Cape May I would more than happy to share some stuff with you
The wish was able to come down more often but my time relaxing and scanning always prove to be interesting. Was curious as to why the Wildwood beach patrol was not updated so submitted my findings 159.1500 decent repeaters they have. They also had alot of new FB2 on the fcc database which normally plugs all frequencies in and nothing else was heard.

The island-wide 3 was a decent repeater channel very clear but after Wildwood Dist 2 or 3 were called out what frequency do they switch to for county response? Only ever heard the Ems units and Rescue calling in on this one?

also updated Wildwood Crest DPW .

152.3900 Yellow Cab still seems to be active but let go of the FCC license like many others it seems.

Steveradio

Hello gang down in cape co.
Does anyone down there know if North Wildwood beach patrol is still using the listed frequency?
Also any DMR or Nexedge Trunked buisness systems they monitor in the Cape May/Atlantic Co area such as Homan ect ???
There may be control channel activity on 500-503 mhz bands

Thanks
No 500mhz in use far can tell all VHF yet

Status
Not open for further replies.