Jerseyville IL Railroad >?<

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortbus91

hello everyone..

Just wondern What could i pick up on the rail road frqncies if i would to program them and what are they for the jerseyville area. i seen theres at lest 4 differnt trains that are around here or come through here.

my other ? do the police/fire/ems have special Fequncies that we as the publice can not hear >?<

sly1

I'm in Alton and recently programmed in some frequencies to listen in my area.... I don't have the rail road channels they map to or what they're in use as (I'm at work) but take a listen to these....

cubn

Database Admin
my other ? do the police/fire/ems have special Fequncies that we as the publice can not hear >?<

Usually the frequencies public safety uses, they are licensed for, but they may or may not be monitorable. Those frequencies or trunked systems may not be in the database if nobody has searched and identified them in use yet. Or in rare instances, public safety may have unlicensed channels in their radios for tactical purposes which you’d only stumble upon via searching on your radio.

Don’t rule out listening to old pd or fire repeaters that have been superseded by newer systems as the old radios may still be in the cars and used for tactical or car-car. Also check public works and highway department repeaters during non-business hours as these can be used by public safety for non-dispatch conversations. Some daily unit-unit conversations take place on statewide channels like MABAS Fireground Red so listen to those too.

Some agencies encrypt their tactical communications while others choose to use cell phones for that purpose. A small minority encrypt even their dispatch operations. Also, there are a few agencies that use digital formats that are not encrypted but cannot be decoded with a digital scanner unless the scanner is hooked up to a computer running special software like Digital Speech Decoder.

If you do find something on the radio of a sensitive nature, be wary that once everybody knows where to listen for these radio conversations, they’re soon likely to move them to a more secure system.

shortbus91

MABAS Fireground Red so listen to those too.??

Usually the frequencies public safety uses, they are licensed for, but they may or may not be monitorable. Those frequencies or trunked systems may not be in the database if nobody has searched and identified them in use yet. Or in rare instances, public safety may have unlicensed channels in their radios for tactical purposes which you’d only stumble upon via searching on your radio.

Don’t rule out listening to old pd or fire repeaters that have been superseded by newer systems as the old radios may still be in the cars and used for tactical or car-car. Also check public works and highway department repeaters during non-business hours as these can be used by public safety for non-dispatch conversations. Some daily unit-unit conversations take place on statewide channels like MABAS Fireground Red so listen to those too.

Some agencies encrypt their tactical communications while others choose to use cell phones for that purpose. A small minority encrypt even their dispatch operations. Also, there are a few agencies that use digital formats that are not encrypted but cannot be decoded with a digital scanner unless the scanner is hooked up to a computer running special software like Digital Speech Decoder.

If you do find something on the radio of a sensitive nature, be wary that once everybody knows where to listen for these radio conversations, they’re soon likely to move them to a more secure system.

JOsh.

You said MABAS Fireground Red so listen to those too.
What are the frequncy for jerseyville IL that are the mabas and fireground red??

Status
Not open for further replies.