Jetstream JTM3B or Comet SBB5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitaux8030

Silent Key
Hi all,
I'm looking for a new dual band antenna, after my 15+ year old Diamond shattered in freezing mountain air and then hit a small overhanging branch. I replaced it with a Nagoya NL770R, but it kept on folding over by itself at highway speeds... I found a solution was to cover the folding joint with heatshrink, but that defeats the whole idea of having the fold over joint.

Anyway, I'm looking for an antenna that is about 40" long, inconspicious, single phasing coil design (preferably open-air coil type) and preferably no fold-over feature - or if it has it, then it must not fold over at highway speeds. The Comet SBB5 appeals and seems to have few complaints about it, but what about the Jetstream JTM3B which seems similar... I can't find any reviews or decent photos of that model to see what its like. Anyone got some comments about the Jetstream?

I don't need the antenna to be especially rugged, I don't often get onto tracks where theres lots of overhanging branches - but will be doing lots of highway driving, and it will encounter freezing conditions - little snow however.

mrweather

Anyway, I'm looking for an antenna that is about 40" long, inconspicious, single phasing coil design (preferably open-air coil type) and preferably no fold-over feature - or if it has it, then it must not fold over at highway speeds..
Sounds like a good description of the Larsen NMO2/70B. About 34" tall, open coil, no fold-over. And I'll add great performance and well built.

Get one. You won't regret it.

lmrtek

The larsen is by far the best and will out last any ham grade antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.