jim must be sleeping TORNATOES WELD

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthCOVideo

Premium Subscriber
If it means anything, the Vortex2 team took particular interest in this storm, I saw them out by Hudson while I was chasing a little bit of this action, also while listening to the skywarn frequencies they were telling their spotters that they were in the area and to look out for them. We've all seen storm chasers on the discovery channel, so I'm thinking that if they had interest in the storm they came from quite a long ways away to see what it was going to blow up into.

Vortex2

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

I and jfab saw a couple different teams just west of wiggins on 34. Of course, we left the area and it turns out they had some great funnels and huge hail right where we were. Did you happen to see a white crown vic in the area, NorthCOVideo? :D

dirtfinder

If it means anything, the Vortex2 team took particular interest in this storm, I saw them out by Hudson while I was chasing a little bit of this action, also while listening to the skywarn frequencies they were telling their spotters that they were in the area and to look out for them. We've all seen storm chasers on the discovery channel, so I'm thinking that if they had interest in the storm they came from quite a long ways away to see what it was going to blow up into.

Vortex2

They have been in and out of Colorado for a few days now so it wasn't a big haul for them..I met up with them around the State line the other day over by Kimball,NE and again near Goodland,KS and then yesterday here in our own backyard...very interesting things happening between them and what they have tagged as "AMATEUR CHASERS/SPOTTERS" in the last week or so..

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I think the issue was with locals taking the truck out for an afternoon drive - not storm chasers...

redhelmet13

Since the Weather Channel has been broadcasting the Vortex2 stuff, more locals and yeehaw yahoo's have been getting in the pick em up truck and going out to find them there nader's... Ruining the name of the chasers who are respectful of laws and safety of themselves and others. There also have been "chasers" gone wild too. THe OKC metro area has become a zoo when it comes to severe weather.

dirtfinder

I think the issue was with locals taking the truck out for an afternoon drive - not storm chasers...
Nope not it.....There has been an issue brought up about the way the V2 crew and the TIV crew have been driving and acting in the last few weeks...Claiming that they have the right of way no matter where they are at....Now agreed that there is a lot of yahoo that think they can just go out and call themselves STORM CHASERS and are impeding on LE and FD and emergency personal to do their jobs but for these guys to say they are above all others is not good at all.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I was replying to your post that V2 had issues with "amateur storm chasers" and that is incorrect. What they had a problem with was traffic due to locals.

Regarding the TIV's driving habits -- TIV is not V2. There has been no evidence produced to show V2 operators broke any laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.