Jim Wells County 151.220

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm hearing what appears to be Jim Wells County on 151.220 in P25 - however I cant determine what exactly they use this channel for other than standard law enforcement.

I heard a unit out on a traffic stop at 281 and FM 1930 which is just south of Alice, however we've identified both primary channels for Alice PD and Jim Wells SO.

Any ideas what they use 151.220 for?

I am hearing a lot of DL checks etc... is it possible this is a records or secondary channel for Jim Wells SO?

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
I'm hearing what appears to be Jim Wells County on 151.220 in P25 - however I cant determine what exactly they use this channel for other than standard law enforcement.

I heard a unit out on a traffic stop at 281 and FM 1930 which is just south of Alice, however we've identified both primary channels for Alice PD and Jim Wells SO.

Any ideas what they use 151.220 for?

I am hearing a lot of DL checks etc... is it possible this is a records or secondary channel for Jim Wells SO?

That license just came into being not too long ago. The Alice PD/JWCSO was active on their listed primaries not long ago. That may be their "new" primary.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yea, what I see is that 151.220 has all JW SO Primary operations in all digital, while 155.640 has the dispatcher in analog and the units in digital.

Because I hear a complete repeat of everything transmitted on 155.64... either 151.22 is a new primary repeating 155.64, or it is a temp transition repeater for an ultimate primary allocation.

Let me know thoughts... otherwise I'll update the database with this info.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
If thats the case, it sounds transitional. Perhaps they have not upgraded all the components in the dispatch center yet? If both 151.220 and 155.640 are P25 repeaters, but dispatch is not capable of digital on the old primary, then they may only be using a handheld for 151.220 so far. But that is all speculative of course:)

Status
Not open for further replies.