Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkouns

I am having trouble loading frequencies to my pro-96 from arc96. I am able to down load from radio reference but I can not load it to my pro-96. I bought the 20-546 Radio Shack cable and bought the premium membership for RR and bought the arc96 through RR. I can't find any contact info for support. I need step by step instructions. I did all of this for rebanding in Indiana. I have the frequencies down loaded and use the converter to reband the frequencies. When I try to transfer them to my scanner the light on the cable blinks and the program says it is complete but there are no frequencies in the scanner. When I plug the cable into the scanner it says it is in clone mode. Is that the problem? If it is how, do I get it out of clone mode. Any help would be a blessing. I am so frustrated. If there is any phone numbers so I could talk to some one would help. I called 1 800 scanner but they said they couldn't help even though that number is listed on the program for support. I have a pilots license so I am not totally stupid. Thanks!

kb3isq

Premium Subscriber
It is supposed to be in CLONE mode when the cable is attached. You then upload to scanner. What frequencies are you trying to load?

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Just a simple question in your software did you pick the comport when you set the software up.
If not look in control panel under hardware and see what comport it is.
What version of windows are you using.
Did you install the drivers if yes did you update the driver.

jkouns

Thanks guys for responding. I am trying to load Boone County, In Motorola ( P-25 ) police frequencies with the reband values. I do have the com port selected. It is comm port 3. I really appreciate the help. I manually interred the frequencies but there is no way to enter new reband values. That's why I bought the arc96. I'm sure it is something simple but I just can't find it. I can hear garbled communications but that is all. It may be in the box that pops up when I start load to scanner. I see com port 3. I leave the box " not listed " alone. The DTS96 model is not checked. I upload to main memory. V-scanner folder is not checked. The next box is left alone with none appearing in window. It shows Pro96/2096 next. Thanks to both of you for responding!
Jim

jkouns

I just tried again with the updated driver installed. It did not correct the problem.

scosgt

Or in any case make sure you are uploading or downloading TO the scanner.

jkouns

I have been able to download frequencies from the scanner to arc96. Just not able to send anything to the scanner

jkouns

I tried using the adapter but it didn't work. Is the mono adapter supposed used?

jkouns

I am thinking I may have to buy something new to replace it. Anyone have any recommendations?

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Jim / Pro96

I had no luck with Win96 but ARC96 was a breeze. But those USB transfer cables from RS always gave me trouble. I found out that when you tell the program to send info TO the scanner? pressing the up arrow on the scanner worked for me. Don't know why, but it did. I thought it was initiated just by clicking send to scanner* and seeing that little light flashing. Anyway.... here's a RS Pro96 site with the old manual PDF link
RadioShack.com
AND other good stuff can be found at the Pro96 RRef Wiki
Pro-96 - The RadioReference Wiki

Someone mentioned cloning, which is a great idea. I first got my Pro96 and went to Radio Shack and heard the local system on his scanner. I asked the guy if I could clone my new Pro96 to it and did. Maybe someone nearby can help as the other's mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:

jkouns

Thank you everyone for responding. I have tried every suggestion with out any luck. My screen on the scanner never changes when I attempt to send info from the arc96 program. I can send info from the scanner to the arc96 program with no problems. I would expect the screen on the scanner to change if it is receiving data. It shows the status when sending data to the arc96 on my laptop but never changes from "clone mode send data screen" when I attempt to upload to scanner. I will take a look at the Whistler TRX-7 as suggested. I will keep playing with the PRO-96. Thanks to all!

kb3isq

Premium Subscriber
You may have a bad cable. When you plug the cable in the screen should say CLONE MODE. When you send to scanner the screen should change to having 10 boxes at the bottom and they change from clear to black as the scanner is receiving the new programming. I have only used Don Starr's Win 96 so I can't say for sure that
ARC 96 acts the same.
You could try the FREE Win96 trial download and see if it works.

jkouns

I get the black boxes like you said when I send frequencies for from the scanner to the ARC program but when I try to send frequencies to the scanner nothing changes on the scanner screen. I load the frequencies for Boone County, In from Radio Reference. I then am able to check the settings for the trucking system. I change the settings for the 3600 to multi tables, click edit, and then click load reband table. I then click ok. After that I try to load the frequencies but nothing happens. I will try the win96 and see if that corrects the issue.With all that being said, my bride let me order a TRX-1 last night. I would still like to get the Pro-96 to work so I can sell it knowing it is working properly. Thanks for the suggestion! I will give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.