• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

John Deere business band radio power cord

Status
Not open for further replies.

oppyd20

can anyone tell me if they make an adaptor from the black connector to my kenwood 2 prong . This is in my John Deere tractor, can not figure out what style connector this is. Thanks

clbsquared

I responded to your message. Just cut the connector off and use 2 of the wires. Cover the third exposed wire so it doesn’t short anything out. And also, if you’re running an VHF set up and using AutoTrac with RTK, you may not be able to use a 1/4 wave antenna. It interferes with the signal and will cause you to lose RTK briefly. I switched all of mine to 5/8 gain antennas and also switched all of the Starfire receiver antennas from the rubber ducky to a NMO mounted Antennex.

FARMER522

I have all the part numbers from Deere to make your own connector if you would like them. For years I did as mentioned above just cut that plug off and connect to it, but on the newer Deere's the plug is so short you can't get to it to cut it off so you have to use the plug or carry your power wires down to the power strip.

oppyd20

I have all the part numbers from Deere to make your own connector if you would like them. For years I did as mentioned above just cut that plug off and connect to it, but on the newer Deere's the plug is so short you can't get to it to cut it off so you have to use the plug or carry your power wires down to the power strip.
Thank you but I already cut and spliced it ! Damn farmers have no patience, thank you !

jbt935

Premium Subscriber
Hi, would you share those part numbers? I run int the same issue and would like to make some cables. Thank you.

FARMER522

Yes no problem at all.
57M7501 This is the crimp terminal for the wire.
57M8270 This is the black housing that the crimps slide in.
57M7726 This is a grey lock that slides in the housing that locks the wire in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.