• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

John Stewart is a stand up guy

poltergeisty

Deep Thinker
During the hearing, Stewart accused Congress of “callous indifference and rank hypocrisy” in failing to renew the fund.
"Why this bill isn't unanimous consent and a stand-alone issue, is beyond my comprehension. And I've yet to hear a reasonable explanation as to why," said Stewart, who also blasted lawmakers for failing to attend Tuesday's hearing. "Behind me, a filled room of 9/11 first responders, and in front of me a nearly empty Congress."
Jon Stewart Receives FDNY Legend's Coat In Emotional Moment Before Blasting Lawmakers At 9/11 Hearing

Pretty ridiculous that Congress can't even fund this. But boy they can spend your money on all kinds of other bullcrap. I even saw the House wants a $5,000/month raise! Really? WTF did you do for the American people?! Besides, your ass gets paid some 175K a year FFS!

poltergeisty

Deep Thinker
I have to add something here. When I was glued to the TV as millions of other Americans were I was yelling at the TV saying you all need to wear masks! I knew back then at the ripe ol' age of 20 going on 21 that the smoke and what not was just not something you should be breathing in. Yet I saw on TV how the EPA fastened monitors on all the street light poles and said the air was fine. Now look where we're at? So in effect I think this is a failure by the EPA themselves not just with the intelligence community where they failed to share information among themselves all out of a stupid petty rivalry thing.

Congress work for their constituents: those would be the billion dollar money sucking Hoover Elite vacuum cleaners that work overtime to grab as much milk as they can- in other words, the corporate owners of this country.

Their actions towards public safety speaks so loud I can't hear what they are saying, and their silence is deafening. I applaud Mr. Stewart for his words and believe them to be sincere and from the heart. He said what many of us have been saying for close to two decades now, but no one listened.

These congress turds could not tune Mr. Stewart out as his siren captured the attention of the corporate media and thus, their "damage control" procedures went into action.