Johnson City/Washington Co

Status
Not open for further replies.

tngeezer

They have gone completly digital at the cost of over 2 million dollars and Washington co . have to pay royalties to Johnson City who are administraters.They were offered an arrangement with Sullivan Co ,including Kingsport and Bristol to combine all for about 4 million,but I understand the sherrifs pride got in the way.This would have been better coverage with an antenea on Bays mountain.I have tried several antaneas and 2 different digital scanners but have only partial coverage of the new frequencies.Some law enforcement have no new radios yet .What a mess!Good luck .

ButchGone

Welcome to world of P25 simulcast system monitoring. Most these days use a modulation form called LSM, CQPSK which scanners just don't monitor well. The signals can be choppy at best, completely un-copiable at worst. No scanners, Uniden or GRE, are able to monitor these 100% all the time. On my 396t I can listen to the Tennessee Valley regional P25 system in Chattanogga fine if the radio is still, sitting on the desk. But take it for a ride, it's 50-50. Unlike mixed mode SmartZone systems you can forget about hearing digital P25 comms if you are close to a cell site. I don't know why digital on 3600 baud systems works great mobile but P25 simulcast doesn't.
For what it's worth, my 396t seems to work best on the TVRCS system with digital setting at default. AUTO is worst while mobile, manual 7 is second best.
Good luck,
BG..

tngeezer

Thanks, ButchGone! Any info is helpful.I am sitting across from a new repeater for the P25 (about 200 yards and still have an ify signal, scattered and scrambled at times not very reliable.I will try the info you have submitted.I also cant understand why some of the new frequencies are talk sometimes and come in as birdies at other times..Any suggestions?

jrbucs09

help in Washington Co. Tn

I have noticed not all of the ID's are listed on Radio reference why siomeone must be asleep at the wheel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! help if anyone has any of the new P-25's Id's I can add in my groups

tngeezer

Good luck.from what I understand Sheriff Graybeal ,has made several remarks to the county officers that he will eliminate scanning in Wash. Co.I have searched the FCC and used all rescources I can find to no avail.Another problem has already been addressed by WCSO and that is there is limited coverage in the county.If you live in a remote part of the county the sheriffs department, in an interveiw on newschannel 11 Alan Kyker(WCSO) reported that the change was forced on the county by Johnson City ,Alan Kyker also said that the officers are using there cell phones for calls instead of radios.You can find this interveiw at tricity.com ,newschannel 11.Good luck! I need help as well,the freq provided do not seem to be valid.

hbknife

Washington county frequecies

I too have found that the frequencies on RadioReference no longer work in Washington County since the change to digital. I am new to scanning but I have found what appears to be a P25 digital control channel at 857.4625. This was frequency listed as being in the old Motorola hybrid system on RRef. I haven't had the time to work through the talk group id's yet but it does seem to have both JCPD and WCSO traffic. There are also many uncopyable transmissions. What a mess this changeover has turned into.

illauto

Good luck.from what I understand Sheriff Graybeal ,has made several remarks to the county officers that he will eliminate scanning in Wash. Co.I have searched the FCC and used all rescources I can find to no avail.Another problem has already been addressed by WCSO and that is there is limited coverage in the county.If you live in a remote part of the county the sheriffs department, in an interveiw on newschannel 11 Alan Kyker(WCSO) reported that the change was forced on the county by Johnson City ,Alan Kyker also said that the officers are using there cell phones for calls instead of radios.You can find this interveiw at tricity.com ,newschannel 11.Good luck! I need help as well,the freq provided do not seem to be valid.

The only coverage probem is in the north end (Fallbranch) of the county other than some areas of Fallbranch having coverage issues the rest of the county coverage is great.

picree

The only coverage probem is in the north end (Fallbranch) of the county other than some areas of Fallbranch having coverage issues the rest of the county coverage is great.

Can you please explain how your scanner bank is set up? I can't get my P25 TrunkTracker to trunk it using the frequencies here on the forum.

picree

Setting up a BC796D for JC/Washington County

I'm assuming I need to input a rebanding table in order to receive the 2010 JC/Washington County Trunked System (since I can't here ANYTHING using the trunked frequencies provided here). If this is true, can someone who knows please post the rebanding settings for their radio? The Upper and Lower base frequency? The Offset? The Polarity? The Spacing?

Status
Not open for further replies.