Johnson County Back-Up VHF System

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have any info on the Johnson County back-up VHF system? I know they have taken the Sheriff's Office Tac 1 & Tac 2 repeaters along with 4-6 other simplex VHF frequencies and utilized those frequencies in the system. ECS built the system. Several Police & Fire vehicles have the back up radios installed in them. I'd love to know more. Also a special thanks to whomever is sending updates to the Admin on behalf of Johnson County. I was very active a few years ago in submitting, but have been out of it for 2-3 years.

VASCAR2

I took my wife to a wool and spinning show in Franklin a couple years ago at the fairgrounds. I listened to my scanner while she was at the show. Most Johnson County and Franklin city radio traffic was on Safe-T but there appeared to be NXDN digital traffic on the frequencies listed in the database. My scanner was not NXDN capable but I’ve heard NXDN previously and the noise seemed to be the same.

I heard a traffic crash dispatched on Safe-T and it appeared some of the fire or ambulance traffic might have been on VHF NXDN.

cubn

Database Admin
151.025 listed in the database as County Highway is NXDN (heard it tonight during the snowstorm). The database still lists it as analog.

I have in my notes having heard NXDN on 155.610 in the past.

But not having a NXDN capable radio, that's all I know.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
I have been trying to catch it, maybe next snowfall will so I can log the RAN's in use. Did nab Morgan County, and got the other Hendricks one. I only listed the main one for Morgan, but once I confirm ch 2 will add it too. Ch 2 uses RAN 62 for Admin etc... Will try to get full confirmation asap. There has been no use of the JCSO Backup set yet that I have heard so can no put the RAN's etc yet.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
Confirmed, logged, updated! Eventually hope to catch the other 2. Currently its mainly talkaround, and discrete tactical/fireground. NXDN 4800

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
I still only get static on the JoCo Roads freq, no tone, no digital, nada.

DiGiTaLD

It does not appear they have the emissions designator for NXDN on the license.....

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
It does not appear they have the emissions designator for NXDN on the license.....

The SO indeed needs to update the license for theirs. Its still showing only Analog NFM, but they are exclusively running iDACS NXDN 4800 on it. KSA914 (JOHNSON, COUNTY OF) FCC Callsign Details

While they are more than covered on the for the DPW/Roads/Parks repeaters: 4K00F1E NXDN, 8K30F1E NXDN, as well as 7K60FXE DMR, 11K2F3E Analog NFM.... KNAU425 (JOHNSON, COUNTY OF) FCC Callsign Details Thats DPW/Roads.

And the UHF licenses are all DMR/NFM....
Bit of a mixed bag going on here.

Last edited by a moderator:

DiGiTaLD

Man, they could have saved so much money if they would have put up a few conventional P25 repeaters on the 7TAC pairs. The subscriber equipment they have for IPSC would already do it and should be programmed for it. Why they ever went with a totally incompatible system from a separate vendor is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.