Johnson County Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
FRANKLIN GOVERNMENT SERVICES ISNT SHOWING UP ON THE UNIDEN SENTINEL PROGRAMMING SOFTWARE. HAVE ANY IDEA ON WHERE TO LOOK? I HAVE A UNIDEN SDS100 AND CANT FIND THIS UNDER ANYTHING. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Try drilling down from U.S. to Indiana to Johnson County. However, a couple of things may be standing in your way: 1. That system was only recently created in the RR database. I think there's been some delay with Uniden getting the weekly dump from RadioReference to populate the Sentinel database. Make sure that Sentinel has downloaded the latest database from Uniden. 2. As cubn says, there are no talkgroups defined in the system in the RR database and I'm not sure how that impacts Sentinel.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure how Sentinel works but it might not show up because no talkgroups have been identified?
You are correct.
FRANKLIN GOVERNMENT SERVICES ISNT SHOWING UP ON THE UNIDEN SENTINEL PROGRAMMING SOFTWARE. HAVE ANY IDEA ON WHERE TO LOOK? I HAVE A UNIDEN SDS100 AND CANT FIND THIS UNDER ANYTHING. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.
Please do not use 'all caps' when posting. That is the equivalent of shouting.

For the system you are asking about:

Uniden does not include systems that do not have any listed talkgroups, because that system would be "unmonitorable" if using location & the main database (you can't use ID Search when scanning via the database).

Also, the two frequencies shown for that system do not have listed LCN's. which is another disqualification for the Sentinel database, and neither have a listed Color Code- strike three for Sentinel.

You might want to first program it either conventionally, or as a One Frequency Trunked system (entering each frequency as a 'site'). That will let you see talkgroups that are in use, and if you use the Search function for the Color Code, you can capture that as well.

Once you at least have the color codes used, then create it as a DMR system, set to ID Search. Either add one of the talkgroups you can hear, or at least add a Department with a 'placeholder' talkgroup. Once you've done that, you can run the LCN Finder to identify them. If you do not have a Department with at least one TGID, even it's a placeholder (I use TGID 1 for that), the the system will not appear to run the LCN Finder nor System Status under the Analyze menu.
Try drilling down from U.S. to Indiana to Johnson County. However, a couple of things may be standing in your way: 1. That system was only recently created in the RR database. I think there's been some delay with Uniden getting the weekly dump from RadioReference to populate the Sentinel database. Make sure that Sentinel has downloaded the latest database from Uniden. 2. As cubn says, there are no talkgroups defined in the system in the RR database and I'm not sure how that impacts Sentinel.
In addition, I see a third frequency listed on the license, 856.7375. I would include that frequency in my programming if that system was in my area.

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure how Sentinel works but it might not show up because no talkgroups have been identified?
You are correct.

Please do not use 'all caps' when posting. That is the equivalent of shouting.

For the system you are asking about:

Uniden does not include systems that do not have any listed talkgroups, because that system would be "unmonitorable" if using location & the main database (you can't use ID Search when scanning via the database).

Also, the two frequencies shown for that system do not have listed LCN's. which is another disqualification for the Sentinel database, and neither have a listed Color Code- strike three for Sentinel.

You might want to first program it either conventionally, or as a One Frequency Trunked system (entering each frequency as a 'site'). That will let you see talkgroups that are in use, and if you use the Search function for the Color Code, you can capture that as well.

Once you at least have the color codes used, then create it as a DMR system, set to ID Search. Either add one of the talkgroups you can hear, or at least add a Department with a 'placeholder' talkgroup. Once you've done that, you can run the LCN Finder to identify them. If you do not have a Department with at least one TGID, even it's a placeholder (I use TGID 1 for that), the the system will not appear to run the LCN Finder nor System Status under the Analyze menu.

In addition, I see a third frequency listed on the license, 856.7375. I would include that frequency in my programming if that system was in my area.

Thanks for your help, and get over the caps thing. I just copied and pasted it from another platform and it converted it that way. If you don’t like it then move on.

cubn

Database Admin
I can confirm the two freqs for the Franklin DMR system are in use. I have not noted 856.7375 in use yet but will submit it if it becomes active. I don't have a DMR radio that covers 800 mhz so can't help determine color codes, LCNs or talkgroups.

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
Color code 4, I’m trying to figure out my SDS-100. Ive tried to follow the directions that others have posted in order to search for system info but I haven’t been able to get it programmed in correctly.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
If I get down that way I will try a run at it. It is a conversion of the former LTR system they had, to MotoTRBO. 3 freqs, and since we do know them all, and there is CC data, if its a busy system, then nailing the LCN's will be easy. If its slow... Than nailing all of them might take a bit of time. (For example take the IUPUI TRS... ONLY 4 freqs, and can get rather busy. But we still have not nailed all 4 freqs LCN's just yet. And I have been trying to nail it down on and off for well over a year now!) That Uniden Analyze feature, and LCN finder are lovely tools indeed. :)

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
I have it programmed in, Been running the LCD finder and its showing nothing. Finally today I heard some talking. It's reading MotoTRBO Trunk on the screen. TGID 2 came up. Color code 4 was flashing. It's definitely the Franklin Street Dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.