Johnson County Kansas Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTR604

Was wondering if they have switched to phase II ? Was hearing them then suddenly I am unable to receive them. I have a Home Patrol I and I just updated my data base. Any ideas ?

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
I haven't heard of any immediate Phase II plans for them, though stranger things have happened. I'll have to check on this tomorrow when I'm in range and have access to equipment. 851.8875, 853.775, and 853.9625 should be their current control channels. Check and see if you have those programmed.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
I haven't heard of any immediate Phase II plans for them, though stranger things have happened. I'll have to check on this tomorrow when I'm in range and have access to equipment. 851.8875, 853.775, and 853.9625 should be their current control channels. Check and see if you have those programmed.

I did some further investigation into this, and JOCO fire is still Phase 1. ECC Main (Dispatch) and the Westnet computerized dispatching talkgroup (30992) are cross-patched. The control channels I mentioned remain the same.

bctrainers

All agencies on JoCo MARRS are still Phase 1. The Control Channel for JoCo MARRS is currently broadcasting support for Phase 2 in addition to Phase 1.

JoCoECC as of 2020 has a supergroup active between 30992 and 30101. Unfortunately, this supergroup is insanely funky with the radios keying up. There will be times I hear normal radio traffic on 30992 and nothing on 30101, and then there will be times I see a patch active between the two with normal radio traffic on both.

853.7750 is the current active CC for JoCo. All fire ground radio traffic continues to be encrypted... and no, ECC will not share the encryption key for Tac 4 to Tac9 with anyone. The fire will never know the JoCoFD's were ever on their way or the plan of attack! :)

JTR604

would it be worth while to add talk group 30992 ? since they are cross-patched.

ok downloaded the talk group problem is it shows up on my home patrol I
sentinel but not showing up on the scanner.
could the reason be since the talk group is P-25 X-2 TDMA ?

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
You will have to program HP as a regular P25 trunk to listen to 30992. I've yet to see any Phase II P25 traffic on JOCO.

JoCoECC as of 2020 has a supergroup active between 30992 and 30101. Unfortunately, this supergroup is insanely funky with the radios keying up. There will be times I hear normal radio traffic on 30992 and nothing on 30101, and then there will be times I see a patch active between the two with normal radio traffic on both.

They also patch 302xx to some calls. I'm guessing those talkgroups are set up in some area grid pertaining to the calls.
For example I just seen this call:
MedAct 1149 and Squad 9
JoCoECC
Patch Subgroup: 30993
Patch Subgroup: 30242

Then a few minutes later 30242 timeout.

bctrainers

The 302xx TG's are single-unit or station pagers. A few TG's in that range have been used as district pages in the past, but that's incredibly rare these days.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
I'm in Topeka, I miss listening to them on 154.250 years ago. They had very good signal into Topeka..

Same. Technology marches on with time, though. They wasted time and money on the 1st automated voice dispatching system (Locution) from 2005-2017. They had one heck of a time getting that up and running. Once they finally got the kinks worked out, they spent even more cash setting up the voice over IP equipment at all of the stations. As of recent, that contract expired and they decided to go with Westnet. The dispatchers absolutely hate it. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the VHF paging. It was simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.