Johnson County Kansas Muli-site System

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperC

The Johnson County Kansas trunked system is now showing as a two site system. Clicking on the sites, three locations are flagged: one near the North-East end of the county, one in Olathe close to the court house, and I think the other is showing near a high point in the county near 119th and Ridgeview. Will all these site(s) share the same frequencies as shown in the database for Johnson County? Will this necessitate entering three sites in the scanner, and will they all use the same frequencies? Using a Uniden 996T. Appreciate any responses in advance. I have never delt with a multi-site system.

ksmoscanner

Its a simulcast system and all the sites share the same freqs. You will only need to put in the freqs shown in the db once and you will hear everything on the system as long as you have a good signal, no matter where you are.

Gregg

mancow

Database Admin
OK, maybe I'm not hearing crazy stuff then.

I swear the other night I heard several bursts of digital on TG 144. I had the beam swung around in an odd off direction so I thougt maybe it was somehow a bleedover from a KSICS tower but the only one in the direction it was pointing would be Waverly and it's not that powerful. I kept watching the radio and it acted as if it was legitimately tracking the TG normally. I heard it a couple of times. The odd thing is that it was raw digital and the 996 did not decode it. I don't know if it was digital undecoded audio somehow tied into the talk group or my radio that didn't decode for some reason.
I've heard similar things on the Douglas County Baldwin south repeater at times too. I don't know how but somehow undecoded digital gets rebroadcasted over the repeater.

So, I wonder...is JoCo testing P-25?

SuperC

Thanks for the reply.

I had accessed the frequencies of the two different sites by clicking on the banners, WNSS508 and WPIZ 532, on the JOCO site in Radio Reference. Each banner has different higher 800 frequencies listed, which kind of got me thinking two sites might be needed in the 996. Not being a radio guru, I thought I'd ask the "pros".

It would not surprise me at all to find testing going on. From everything I can find at various places on the web, the metro will have some sort of interoperability system involving both side of the state line (and perhaps the US), before too long. A little scary in some ways.

Appreciate everyone out there who shares their collective knowledge.

SuperC

Oops

It should have read "I clicked on the site banner to the left of the JOCO frequencies and it brought up the two different sites with the different sets of freuencies listed. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.