Johnson County Severe Weather Test on 154.010

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

Johnson County Communications has a Severe Weather Test on 154.010 every Friday at 11AM for all Fire,EMS, EMA, and Severe Weather Spotters. Could this infomation be updated and placed in the Johnson County area in the database. Thank You.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
That frequency is already in the DB. Most, if not all, departments do a daily/weekly test. There is no need to put that in the DB.

W9NES

Funny, I checked the DB for Johnson County testing the 154.010 on Fri at 11AM is not listed, Also checked the County WIKI and nothing was found.

Last edited:

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
All of Johnson County tests at 11am on Friday. Edinburgh, New Whiteland/Whiteland, and Greenwood test on their own frequencies. 154.310, 154.940, and 154.445. Today we were a little late. Busy day in the dispatch center.

W9NES

Thank You KC9LGZ. I heard you today at 11 AM on 154.010 with the testing in Johnson County.My Plectron went off with no problems.Thanks for your input and setting the record straight.

W9NES

Rdale, Sorry nothing there under Johnson County Fire other than*** Quote direct from the DB for Johnson County.*** Johnson County Goverment, Johnson County EMA *Weekly Test on Weds*.Says nothing about testing being done at 11:00AM on Fridays on Johnson County Fire 154.010.This is done *Countywide* on 154.010 and not 155.040.As KC9GLZ posted Edinburgh, New Whiteland/Whiteland and Greenwood test on their OWN frequencies

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Of course - that sort of info shouldn't be in the DB. That is what the Wiki is for.

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
Thank You KC9LGZ. I heard you today at 11 AM on 154.010 with the testing in Johnson County.My Plectron went off with no problems.Thanks for your input and setting the record straight.

Wasn't me today. My alergies are tearing me up. I tried to stay away from the radio today.

W9NES

Radle, Yes this infomation is in the database***Just look under Johnson County Fire*** and you will see it.It says the following***Johnson County Goverment 155.025 Test on Weds.*** It does not say anything about County Fire of 154.010 other than testing of Plectrons, ect but it says nothing about a ***Severe Weather Test every Fri at 11AM*** If Johsnon County Goverment is listed showing a test Every Weds then the 154.010 for Johnson County Fire should ***Reflect the same showing a Severe Weather Test Every Fri at 11AM***

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Radle, Yes this infomation is in the database***Just look under Johnson County Fire*** and you will see it.It says the following***Johnson County Goverment 155.025 Test on Weds.*** It does not say anything about County Fire of 154.010 other than testing of Plectrons, ect but it says nothing about a ***Severe Weather Test every Fri at 11AM*** If Johsnon County Goverment is listed showing a test Every Weds then the 154.010 for Johnson County Fire should ***Reflect the same showing a Severe Weather Test Every Fri at 11AM***

No, it should not.

In fact, the Johnson County Government listing for 155.025 shouldn't have anything about "Weekly tests to SEMA (Wednesdays)". Info like that does not belong in the DB, it belongs in the Wiki.

Come to think of it, why is 155.025 not listed under the Johnson County EMA heading if it's an EMA frequency?

Looks like that whole page could use some cleaning up.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Yeah, not sure who put that there, but it doesn't belong there. I've taken care of it.

W9NES

Thanks Steve(Scannerfreak) for taking care of this issue and for getting this cleared up.It does show (Now) on the WIKI that a Tornado Test which is not Correct***, It is a Severe Weather Test that occurs every Friday at 11AM*** .It does not say on the WIKI as to what freq it takes place on.This should be listed as 154.010 for The Severe Weather Test.Thanks again for your help.

Last edited:

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
NES - anyone can change the Wiki. Go ahead and hit the edit button.

Status
Not open for further replies.