Johnson County TG Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
Listeners in Johnson County will need to add and change a few talk groups in their scanners. We have eliminated all Analog TG's and added a Digital FG-3, and 4. Some of the Digital Fire Dept Admins have been changed, and some have been eliminated. Several of the JCS TG's have been changed to Event TG's. EVERY radio in Johnson County will be re programed at some point this week so the new TG's will start popping up. I do not have any narrow band frequencies yet, but I will post them as soon as I get them.

KC9LGZ

DiGiTaLD

Narrowband frequencies meaning for the conventional VHF stuff? I'm a bit surprised that they would even bother with it since most of the existing gear is probably years old and not even narrowband capable. I figured narrowbanding would be the final nail in the coffin for VHF conventional in Indiana.

W9NES

KG9LGZ, Can you advise is the following talkgroups are still in use on the Johnson County Safe-t system? 864, 768, 48480, 7552, 7648, 48384,48176, 48192, 48208, 48224. These are not listed on the RR data base for the Safe-t system. These range from Bargersviile Fire to NEFD.I just updated the scanner in the Commmunications Center to keep a ear of Johnson County 3-8-2012 9:36PM

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
The talkgroups listed for Johnson County are correct. As I stated in the original post there are alot of changes.

DiGiTaLD

I do not have any narrow band frequencies yet, but I will post them as soon as I get them.
KSA914 was renewed until 2022, and modified, effective July 24, 2012 per the FCC ULS database. Narrowband emissions designators were added for all frequencies on the license, which includes the following channel designations:

• Plan A (Car to Car and Base to Car/Car to Base)
  • ILEEN
  • Point to Point
  • TAC 1 (Old Primary Dispatch Repeater)
  • TAC 2 (Old Secondary Dispatch Repeater)
Today, for the first time, I heard county dispatch doing some testing on what sounds like a new or different Tac 2 repeater. It doesn't sound the same as it has for years, but I'm not sure if this new repeater is narrowbanded or not. Additionally, and I personally think this is the best feature, the repeater now identifies itself (KSA914 in Morse code) without transmitting PL. That means that unless somebody keys up while it's identifying, users will never hear the ID. Since dispatch does not routinely ID the repeaters anymore (and haven't since the SAFE-T transition), this is a great way for them to satisfy the FCC identification requirement, something that many agencies slack on. Its also nice to see they are maintaining a working VHF backup system, which is very wise. Props to the comms director!

Last edited:

IndianaKTMO

Premium Subscriber
Any idea which dispatch centers will close so the county can get to only 2 by 2014?

DiGiTaLD

Johnson County Changes

I'm bringing back an old thread because I haven't seen anybody post about it yet. The changes with dispatch seem to have been implemented shortly before the new year. What I have noticed so far:

• 41JCS-DSP seems to be the north main dispatch channel now for everybody but Greenwood PD.
  • 41FPD-DSP now seems to be the south dispatch channel for everybody south including Edinburgh and Franklin
  • Franklin PD has changed their unit numbers to 2xx since they are now on a group with all of the south units everywhere else in the county.
  • Everybody now says "control" instead of "dispatch".
  • Greenwood is pretty much the same as it has been.

I don't yet have a good handle on how fire dispatching has changed. Unitrunker has been down here (need to get a second audio card) so I don't know how much console IDs have changed.

EDIT: My bad. Just noticed the new TG labels in the database.

Last edited:

WA9JGB

Premium Subscriber
Revised Talk Groups

Some of the Johnson County Law talk groups have been updated recently. The changes are in the database.

Status
Not open for further replies.