Johnston Ambulance Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JH2184

Does anyone know what frequencies Johnston Ambulance Service use? I prefer to know them for Johnston County. None of the VHF channels work anymore. I'm guessing they could be Digital. If anyone knows, it would be appreciated.

Last edited:

ki4rvh

Looks like they are on an 800 MHz trunked system. Info is part of this site at:

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=293

From the site:
"Most of the Talkgroups on this system are now operating in Digital ProVoice Mode and cannot be monitored with current Trunktracking Scanners. Fire/EMS Dispatch Talkgroups are still Analog and are silmulcasted on VHF 154.340Mhz. "

According to the site fire/ems are still analog. They are simulcast on VHF 154.340 MHz. If you can't get them there you will need a 800 MHz scanner.

Chris

Last edited:

BryanTheRed

Ø
Premium Subscriber
Nope, they are using Nextel. Just for clarification he is not refering to Johnston County Emergency services but a private ambulance company.

conehead

eastcare said:
Nope, they are using Nextel. Just for clarification he is not refering to Johnston County Emergency services but a private ambulance company.

I see (JAS) Johnson ambulance Service in Moore, Scotland and Richmond counties all the time. I will ask them and they do all have VHF antennas on them.

JH2184

Thanks for letting me know. Yeah I couldn't understand why I never heard them anymore. I assume they have ProVoice Digital radios for JMH. They used to use the old 155.340 but I guess they switched to 800mhz digital to talk to the hospital.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
To answer the question for the VHF antennas.

According to OEMS in Raleigh, all ambulances in North Carolina must have the capability to communicate with comm centers and hospitals in the state.

All communication centers in the state are supposed to have and be able to monitor the frequency 155.280 Mhz.

All hospitals in the state are supposed to have the frequencies of 155.340 Mhz and 155.280 Mhz.

I think there are some exceptions to this rule. I know Mecklenburg Co. EMS in Charlotte does not have VHF radios, they only have 800 Mhz.

The key is to having some form of communications with the hospitals whether it is VHF, UHF or 800 Mhz. I don't think the state really cares as long provides have communications with recieving hospitals.

I do know that the following frequencies are for NC State wide usage:

155.280 Mhz Vhf Statewide Calling
155.340 Mhz Vhf Statewide Hospital Encoding
462.975 Mhz Uhf Statewide Calling (Med-10)

Hope this helps

David

JH2184

Yes there is an exception in Johnston County also. If JMH still has 155.340, it is never used. Even if ambulances from other counties try to call them on that frequency, they do not answer. The only channel they use is on a ProVoice Digital 800mhz frequency. Its the only hospital I have ever heard of that uses digital but most of johnston county is provoice anyway.

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
I think at one time Winston-Salem Forsyth County had some hospital encode channels for ALS care on digital and analog for non-emergency and out of county traffic.

The last time I looked at the trunking for that county, everything has been changed to all analog for hospital encode.

If I am not mistaken I think Raleigh/Wake is using digital for hospital encoding.

I know as for right now all Charlotte Mecklenburg hospitals and Cabarrus Hospital are 800 Mhz analog encode.

I know the feeling about 155.340. A lot of out-of-county ambulances transport to Northeast Medical Center in Concord. A lot of times if I here them calling, sometimes I will help them out and call the hospital on 800Mhz and advise them they have traffic on 155.340 Mhz.

It is just like 155.280 Mhz. A lot of counties have the frequency, but either keep it turned way down low or turned off so they do not have to listen to all the chatter.

David

BryanTheRed

Ø
Premium Subscriber
Onslow County EMS talks to Onlsow Memorial on the county 800 system. They also still monitor 340. I know JAS dispatches via Nextel, and yes the state mandates all ambulances in the state to carry a VHF radio even if they use a 800 system, again ask Onslow County EMS. Of course we never have to worrry about that at EastCare, we have a wulfsberg in all the aircraft!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.