Johnston County Analog

Status
Not open for further replies.

JH2184

Has anyone noticed that Johnston County is using more and more analog channels? I can monitor alot more private police channels and even a NCHP EDACS mutual aid channel. For a county that uses provoice, it is nice being about to hear more information. It would be even nicer if it was completely analog.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone noticed that Johnston County is using more and more analog channels? I can monitor alot more private police channels and even a NCHP EDACS mutual aid channel. For a county that uses provoice, it is nice being about to hear more information. It would be even nicer if it was completely analog.

Hey Jonathan!
Hope all is well.
I wouldn't say that JoCo is using more analog talkgroups. It is just sometimes that the Provoice gets turned off for short periods of time. It would be nice if JoCo decided to go "all analog" but don't hold your breath. And the NCSHP Mutual TG can also be monitored on the VIPER side of things on 43200 which is known as "VPRJCLAW" or VIPER Johnston Co Law.
Marshall KE4ZNR

jthorpe

I'm not sure why that would be in terms of hearing more analog stuff but I don't think it's going to last forever. They are eventually probably going to go all digital in the future, or maybe even opensky in a few years. I don't know for sure. I'm just guessing...

Marshall is right about the VPRJCLAW talkgroup. It's digital on the VIPER side and analog on the Johnston County side, permanently patched so we can have a mutual aid channel. It has been very helpful for us so far. I wish we had more, but this is a good alternative given the two different systems limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.