Johnston County Provoice Monitoring Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

JH2184

Data Submission

I just submitted some updated data for Johnston County under the Database. I would have several more but my ProVoice P7100IP has the talkgroups but I am unsure of the actual AFS or decimal numbers. I know there is a Viper F/E and 4 additional viper channels and additional Ops channels 11-17 that are rarely used. Clayton PD has the Patrol channel and Ops 1 channel that I submitted. They also have Ops 2 and 3 .Clayton PD tac, Clayton PD investigation, and Clayton PD traffic are used also. All of the fire depts have digital private channels that are used so I will try to monitor and figure out what they are. I believe 08-082 is Kenly Fire Private. That is the only one I have been able to figure out so far. I have a BCD436HP with ProVoice and it is working well so far.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I just submitted some updated data for Johnston County under the Database. I would have several more but my ProVoice P7100IP has the talkgroups but I am unsure of the actual AFS or decimal numbers. I know there is a Viper F/E and 4 additional viper channels and additional Ops channels 11-17 that are rarely used. Clayton PD has the Patrol channel and Ops 1 channel that I submitted. They also have Ops 2 and 3 .Clayton PD tac, Clayton PD investigation, and Clayton PD traffic are used also. All of the fire depts have digital private channels that are used so I will try to monitor and figure out what they are. I believe 08-082 is Kenly Fire Private. That is the only one I have been able to figure out so far. I have a BCD436HP with ProVoice and it is working well so far.

Thanks for the help! :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

K4ASJ

Premium Subscriber
I have submitted fire ops 11-18 to the database as well as the four viper talkgroups. Viper1 is patched with tg 26001, Viper2 is patched with 26005, Viper3 is patched with statewide fire and I haven't been able to confirm what Viper4 is patched to. Also, Viper F/E is patched with tg 26002 on viper.

Last edited:

JH2184

JoCo ProVoice

Thats a great list. The only channels that are really missing are EMS Ops..the private fire dept talkgroups..the remaining Clayton PD talkgroups and I know an LZ Helicopter channel exists but I am unsure of the talkgroup ID. Like I said in my post, I know all the Clayton PD channels but I just don't know how to access the talkgroup IDs in my radio. Ill keep doing ID search in my bcd436hp I think wake med may have a provoice talkgroup. And if people are wondering Johnston Ambulance uses the Provoice Hospital Channels for JMC Smfd and JMC Clayton. They are somehow dispatched by phone instead of radio. I also thought Smithfield PD would have another ProVoice talk or patrol channel..not just the dispatch channel but I haven't found it yet. Thanks for everyones help and if anyone is wondering..the ProVoice upgrade is definitely worth the extra money in my opinion..even though P25 is coming. Does anyone know if it will be phase 1 or phase 2??

JH2184

We also don't hear quite as much as we used too because some depts especially the Sheriffs Dept and even the EMS gets their calls dispatched through MDT or MCT also so the more indepth information and the disposition codes include alot of notes written to their respectable systems. But very thankful to be able to monitor what we can after all these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.