Joint Base Air Show/Open House

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst will have their open house/air show May 12 & 13. Thunderbirds will be the big act. The following aero freqs are unconfirmed: Air Boss: 127.15 (119.05 & 120.0 have been used in the past). VHF Secondary: 121.8; VHF Discrete: 123.15; UHF Discrete: 255.6. The following TG's on the MAFB system will be active for the air show only: Commanders: 16; Air Ops: 2960; Ground Ops: 2992. On the Burlington County trunk system: Fire-CW R3 22352; EMS-CW R-4 22384; Police PZB 4 16304 will be patched to the NJSP system C3-08 36720 for outside the base traffic control. On May 11 there will be flying practices from 1100 to 1700, unless you have an military ID card you won't be allowed on base that day. I haven't heard if scanners are being allowed onto the ramp; I've seen other posts where they weren't being allowed in. You will have to pass thru metal detectors to access the ramp.

Tech792

The last show McGuire had about 4 or 5 years ago, we had scanners on our belts and no one said any thing. Guess we'll find out.

JuanM

Premium Subscriber
Thunderbirds Freqs on Database?

I haven't been having much success locating the Thunderbirds freqs on the Database. The "Airshows" section on the DB appears to list only the Blue Angels. Are they listed there?

TY
JM

DredMLM

McGuire Air Show

Thanks for the frequency update! I was looking for the air boss freq. At the 2008 show there was no problem bringing a scanner in.

jeff

Premium Subscriber
Add air boss ground control on 119.05. Holding loop for aircraft will be in the Warren Grove Range-Chatsworth area. Flying practice will be Friday 1100 to 1700.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
1130 am local today heard EMPIRE 11 with Atlantic City appch 327.125
dropping down.. Prob VFA-106 FA/18 demo team inbound McGuire.

Tech792

Thursday 05/10/12- 1430 local- Hearing the T-Birds doing practice runs and maneuvers on 235.25...Sounds like one is a female pilot.. Heard them earlier talking about different angles and degrees.

station32

Will anyone be listening tomorrow to the practice show. If ya can let me know what your hearing tommorrow it would be a big help. Thanks.
Joe

carbineone

Premium Subscriber
I will be at the practice show and will post the freqs. I can confirm Jeff's earlier post on the trunk system talkgroups as they are now active.

Last edited:

carbineone

Premium Subscriber
So far on practice day 127.5 has been the main airboss freq with 119.050 as a discrete.

w2xq

Mentor
Up in the northern part of the county between 10a and 1p, I had plugged into the -106 all the frequencies listed at Scanning NJ: Burlington County. 124.150 was continuously active; 127.500 was active for a few bursts of traffic, 119.050 only a few transmissions. Nothing heard on any of the other frequencies. On the east side of US 206 taking a shortcut, I missed a road on the way home and accidentally wound up on the JB. Very organized, only a few cars on the roads, parking areas away from the runways had shuttle buses going, some streets were blocked by traffic cones but traffic was light on any JB road I drove on. I was trying to get out through the Pemberton south gate (rather than NJ 68 northbound, and more than a few JB police and military personnel heard the scanner going while I was asking directions. All were very pleasant. No problems. I was allowed around the cones onto closed streets with directions to the Pemberton gate. Outside the JB, NJSP patrol cars were seen on the move on many of the side roads, including a dirt road; I guess they were doing their thing. Scanner was going all the while, and only the three frequencies were heard. I know the Thunderbirds are to be the last event today; nothing heard on those frequencies while on the JB. Gotta say, take a stubby duck antenna for your radio. 124.150 was seriously hammering the -106 using the stock duck. I'll start listening again after 3p and maybe I'll see the Thunderbirds fly over the house.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.