Joliet Il help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeryzuko

I am brand new to scanners and purchased a BCD436HP I am trying to find out what frequencys to use for Joliet Il. Thanks in advance

jeryzuko

THANKS for the help I returned the BCD436HP and looking for suggestions for a good entry level scanner for Will and Grundy counties in Illinois.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Yes you need that scanner because Grundy uses Phase II and the other H/H lds would be the SDS100 or Uniden 325P2 or base version... Morris and Minooka are P2 all the time ....

Bri112233445

Feed Provider
The City of Joliet uses the StarCom21 P25 Trunked system. Unfortunately, ALL Joliet talkgroups (even Public Works) are fully encrypted and cannot monitored with any scanner.
I am in the same boat in Saint Charles. ISP Is not encrypted. Fire EMS And the like also are not. I just hooked up a GPS And will start exploring other things to hear. I did the gps mod that is on this site. Temporary connections at first to make sure all was working. This weekend will be solder time. Good luck.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
I am in the same boat in Saint Charles. ISP Is not encrypted. Fire EMS And the like also are not. I just hooked up a GPS And will start exploring other things to hear. I did the gps mod that is on this site. Temporary connections at first to make sure all was working. This weekend will be solder time. Good luck.
Actually, Fire and EMS in Joilet are encrypted too. When I said ALL talkgroups, I meant every single one, even Fire, EMS, and Public Works. There's literally NO agency in the city that's in the clear. Your only options are to monitor ISP, the surrounding cities, and the Will Co P25 system.

Status
Not open for further replies.