Joliet Kendall/Will County

Status
Not open for further replies.

LBELL911

Hi Folks,

I just moved here to Joliet, but in the Kendall County side. Can anyone please email me any an all tips you have for monitoring the local fire and police. I live in the city limits, but it's not in Will County. (I moved from Florida, where a city can not annex outside of the county.....so trying to figure out how to monitor this area, well is a bit confusing to me).

I have the Uniden BCD436HP.

If you don't want to post here, feel free to email me at Larrybell5@aol.com.

I'd like to know what channel(S) the local FD gets their calls, are they paged, or are they via intercom only, etc? And what channels they use for this area....Same for local law enforcement.

As always thanks in advance!

Larry

elrod

Welcome to the area.

Sorry to say but the entire city of Joliet is encrypted. Even snow plows and garbage man.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
You can monitor "Kendall Co" on UHF and FD on VHF, look on this site in the "Database=Kendall and still can hear Will Co Sherriff on there EDACS system for now ...Also Starcom Tower 113 for ISP....Screw Joliet , city of SECRETS there still a lot to hear....All Joliet does is cry about getting no help from the public when they shut out all the scanner listeners....

AC9BX

There's plenty (at least for now, there are changes happening currently) to listen to. But sadly not Joliet. Yep, water department, animal control, everything is top secret. You can still listen to neighbors, New Lenox, Lockport, Shorewood, Elwood, etc. There's no shortage of traffic on MERCI 340 with 2 hospitals, schools, buses, State police, Will County (again at least for now, not sure what's happening) Sheriff and EMA. The rest of us in the area are just waiting to see who else chooses to use encryption.

Status
Not open for further replies.