Joliet moving to Starcom

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
In todays local paper Joliet has all but signed the deal to put the city's analog system in the junk pile....There going with a digital system on Starcom and would start building in 2012....Its about time.....

jasonpeoria911

Database Admin
I don't believe any departments on the state Starcom system are encrypted yet. Aurora uses the Open Sky system which can't be monitored yet by any scanner, not technically encrypted.

You will be able to monitor Joliet just fine on the Starcom system as long as you have a digital P25 scanner that is.

Jason

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I have "many", and i just went today "blk-fri' and purchased another RS197=$299.00 so now the arsenal is complete....

bessiedawg

Jason: Any update on the Peoria OpenSky system. Aren't they way behind now ? Hopefully it is dead !

ERICMYERS

city's broke, and what other choice did they have....hopefully they consult w/ Plainfield to make a bit smoother transition when they cut over.

usswood

I don't believe any departments on the state Starcom system are encrypted yet. Aurora uses the Open Sky system which can't be monitored yet by any scanner, not technically encrypted.

You will be able to monitor Joliet just fine on the Starcom system as long as you have a digital P25 scanner that is.

Jason

Cook County??? what do you call that??

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

Jason

Not so fast. Bloomington and normal both have encrypted talk groups!

n9zas

SCPD

QRT
Great! What will happen to the old system? I hope they recycle it to be environmentally friendly. I hope that Joliet doesn't have so many Talkgroups this time round, that they don't even use! Now that they have to pay monthly for them I'm sure we'll see less!

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I would like to know , will they give up there freqys and 4 tower sites for other SCom users, will they use 800 and 700mgz as they most likely will have to as they will be connected to T101-Lisle,102-So Cook Co and T125-Grundy Co....Plainfield only uses T113-Dist5 and T101-Lisle, 126-Kane Co........Romeoville uses only T113 (all the time), T102 (some of the time), T101 (all the time)...District 5 uses 101,102,113,125, 126-KaneCo.....They just purchased new 25-MTS2500 Motorola radio 's, do these do both 700-800mgz....Says they could be up and running by May-2012....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I found out that Joliet will be using there own towers as satellites off the District 5 tower-T113....That is a 700mgz tower....They will use new radios AMX? that have VHF-700-800mgz....Being enclosed as it is they say cheaper not using T101-Lisle and T102-So Cook Co....

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Thank You, your the man, i guess i was close!!....Anyway i hope they work and the cops here talk "IN THE MIKE" not like they do now....I have two family members on Joliet's force and must keep telling them to "SPEAK-UP......

Status
Not open for further replies.